Nouakchott is the largest city in and capital of Mauritania.
Eat Hocky Pucks
- The Novotel and Hotel Mercure set the standard for nice places to stay, but you will pay European prices.
- Hotel Halima, just behind the Novatel, is slightly less expensive.
- In central Nouakchott, the Hotel Houda and Atlas are not bad options.
- Auberge Menata, . Owner speaks English. Help with renting a car and a guide. High reputation with former guests.
- There is also a hotel out at the beach with "hut" rooms and a big dining room overlooking the water.
There are also a couple of camping places not far away.