Northern Mozambique is a region in Mozambique.
- Cuamba - in Niassa Province, mostly used as a transport hub, as it is on the railway line from Nacala Port to Malawi and Lichinga
- Ilha de Mozambique - was the capital of the country under Portuguese rule, now a quiet and beautifully atmospheric island town in Nampula Province. It is a World Heritage Site.
- Lichinga - a temperate town with an international airport, it is the capital of Niassa Province
- Mandimba - border town with Malawi between Lichinga and Cuamba
- Metangula - a wonderful small town on the shores of Lake Malawi (Lake Niassa) in Niassa Province, the administrative centre for the Lake District and the gate way to Cobue and the Manda Wilderness Project.
- Pemba in Cabo Delgado Province, well-known for its beaches and potential for scuba diving
- Nampula a non-descript town in Nampula Province, the largest in the north of the country, but with little of interest to the traveler
Cabo Delgado Car rental - http://www.pembarentacar.com
- Malawi - from Cobue it's sometimes possible to take a dhow to Likoma Island where you can catch an onward ferry to the Malawian mainland or a charter flight to Lilongwe.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|