Mount Pelion (also spelt Pelio or Pelium; Greek, Modern: Πήλιο, Ancient/Katharevousa: Πήλιον) forms a hook-like peninsula between the Pagasetic Gulf and the Aegean Sea.
North East Pelion lies near the Aegean Sea
The mountains are entirely forested, with beech, oak, maple and chestnut trees. Pelion is a tourist attraction throughout the year: the mountain includes trails and sidewalks for walking within small and large beaches with sand or pebbles.
Located near the city of Volos, in the prefecture of Magnesia.
It takes about 1 hour from Volos by car to reach the North East Coast of Pelion.
By bus it takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
The only way to get around is from Volos Interurban Bus Terminal ("Yperastiko KTEL") (KTEL Volou ).
- Walk along the recognized hiking routes.
There is a good variety of beaches on Pelion. Beaches on the Aegean sea are huge sandy beaches with deep waters and sometimes big waves.
- PrasinoGalazio, Mouresi (East Pelion), ☎ 6988133660, . Wake up with a smile in one of the 12 beautifully decorated Suites and an endless view at the Aegean Sea!
- Archontiko Amalia, (37001 Zagora), ☎ 2426022232, . In the picturesque village of Zagora at the Pelion Peninsula you will find Archontiko Amalia, a 4-key accommodation, which consists of two traditional houses of 266 sq.m. at in total 2 acres of land.
- Irida Studios, (Agios Ioannis), . Irida Studios is located 150 m from the beach of Agios Ioannis, at a higher level of the village, and welcomes visitors of Pelion since 1989. The accommodation consists of 8 studios in fresh, bright colours, offering a pleasant stay in a friendly family environment.
- Papa Nero, Agios Ioannis, ☎ +302426031319 (fax: -). by the Papa Nero beach