North Caicos is located in the Caribbean.
The best way to get to North Caicos is via ferry from Providenciales. North Caicos Airport (NCA) is open, but only has charter flights and scheduled flights for special occasions and events.
You will have to rent from a private vehicle provider. Usually there are rental car representatives at the dock where the ferry lands.
- Wades Green Plantation - 1789 cotton plantation established by Wade Stubbs (of East Florida) after USA's Revolutionary War. It only lasted 30 years and eventually stopped running when soil problems, weevil infestations, hurricanes, drought, the war of 1812 triumphed. Note - Wade Stubbs also owned Cheshire Hall Plantation on Provo.
- Cottage Pond - On the right hand side of the main road quite close to the ferry terminal is this small pond surrounded by forest. Many mosquitoes!
- Three Mary Cay
- Kew village (of Kew Gardens in London fame!)
- Beach settlement of Whitby
- Pumpkin Bluff Pond
- Sandy Point
There are several beautiful beaches including the easily accessible Horse Stable Beach and Three Mary Cay which is down a minimally maintained road but well worth the visit. Bring your snorkel gear- there is a submerged wreck that is covered with coral and pretty fish.
North Caicos has a great fishing industry and due to their position have an assortment of fishing available (deep sea, bottom fishing, fly fishing, etc)
- Barracuda Beach Bar
- Last Chance Bar and Grill - the last one on the road before the Middle Caicos causeway.
- Princess Takeout- on the main road near Major Hill
- Silver Palm
- Pelican Beach Hotel
- several Air B&B's available
Drive over to Middle Caicos.