Newark is in the South Bay portion of the San Francisco Bay Area region of California.
- La Cabaña, 7163 Rich Avenue, (510)792-2600. Very tasty Mexican food. Unfortunately, the restaurant is next to an adult book store and looks awful from the outside; don't let that stop you. Their shrimp dishes, particularly camarones al ajo, are highly recommended.
- Kioku Sushi, 6180-V Jarvis Avenue, (510) 796-7088. Great Japanese food.
- Mehran, 5774 Mowry School Road, (510) 668-1111. Very spicy Pakistani food, in a buffet setting. Good, but you will need rice to cut down the spiciness. Inexpensive.
- Thai Orchid, 6180-A Jarvis Avenue, (510) 797-8911. Good Thai food in a quiet restaurant.
- Vy's Restaurant, 6180-T Jarvis Avenue, (510) 739-0126. Good, inexpensive Vietnamese food in an Asian mall. The best part of the restaurant is the owner, Anne. Use the menu for ideas of what they can cook, but ask your waitress (probably Anne) for recommendations off the menu. Don't tease the fish.
- Courtyard (Mariott), 34905 Newark Blvd., (510) 792-5200. Great location for walking to food, grocery, and public transit including transit across the bay to Palo Alto and Menlo Park. http://www.mariott.com
- Hilton, 39900 Balentine Drive, (510) 490-8390. The only full-service hotel in the region. http://www.hilton.com
- Motel 6, 5600 Cedar Court, (510) 791-5900. Cheap. http://www.motel6.com
- Residence Inn (Mariott), 35466 Dumbarton Court, (510) 739-6000. Great location for walking to food, grocery, and public transit including transit across the bay to Palo Alto and Menlo Park. http://www.residenceinn.com
Nearby cities include Fremont, Union City, and Milpitas.