NantwichEarth : Europe : Britain and Ireland : United Kingdom : England : North West England : Cheshire : Nantwich
Nantwich is a beautiful historic town in Cheshire. It contains many old buildings which were bulit after the great fire of Nantwich in 1583.
Someone who is born within the town's boundaries is called a 'Dabber'.
By car Nantwich is 9 miles from Junction 16 of the M6.
By boat the Shropshire Union Canal has a basin at the western end of the town.
The town centre itself is relatively small, with everything within walking distance.
- The 14th century St Marys Church  is often referred to as the cathedral of South Cheshire.
- Nantwich Museum  is in Pillory Street. It stands next door to the former Nantwich jail and across the road is a replica of the original pillory. The museum has displays about the town's past including the leather industry and salt mining and a recently discovered salt ship.
- Guided tours of the town can be arranged by contacting the Tourist information Centre (Tel: 01270 537359) where a 'Walkabout Tour' leaflet is on sale.
- Go swimming in the outdoor brine pool at Nantwich Baths .
- There are many attractive small independent shops in Nantwich.
- There is a good market on Thursdays and Saturdays in the market hall near the central square.
- Curshaws at the Cat, Welsh Row, ☎ 01270 623020, . Modern setting in a very old building. edit
- Nakatcha, 20-22 Welsh Row, ☎ 01270 629070, . Bar, restaurant and night club edit
- Oscars, Beam Street, ☎ 01270 620900. 6.00PM to 10.00PM Tuesday – Saturday. edit
- Enzo, 44 High Street, ☎ 01270 618093, . Whether it's enjoying a quality coffee or indulging in a lunchtime pizza or pasta dish, the Enzo experience is just what you need as you take time out from discovering picturesque Nantwich. edit
- Chopstix, 33 Beam Street, ☎ 01270 619519. The best Chinese Restaurant in the area edit
- Sun Sing, 12, Welsh Row, ☎ 01270 610339. edit
- Chop Suey House, 15, Hospital St, ☎ 01270 626494. edit
- Casa Italiano, High Street, ☎ 01270 625439. edit
- Firenze Bar & Restaurant, 25 Welsh Row, ☎ 01270 623888, . edit
- Romazzino, 12a, Love Lane, ☎ 01270 626456, . edit
- The Black Lion, 29 Welsh Row, ☎ 01270 628711. Reputed to be the oldest pub in Nantwich as it was built in 1664. edit
- The Boot & Shoe, 82 Hospital Street, ☎ 01270 625193, . A typical traditional period town pub close to Morrisons. Food is served from 12noon to 8PM every day. Beer garden, with heated patio area and bouncy castle for the kids in the warmer months edit
- Crown Hotel, High Street, ☎ 01270 625283, . 16th Century Coaching Inn located in the centre of Nantwich. edit
- Harrisons Café Bar, High, ☎ 01270 626066. The first café-bar to open in Nantwich. edit
- The Malbank Hotel, 14 Beam Street, ☎ 01270 626011. A busy town centre public house serving meals between the hours of 12noon and 8PM everyday. edit
- The Oddfellows Arms, ""97, ☎ 01270 624758. An attractive old pub with exposed beams and period features. edit
- The Railway Hotel, . The Railway (unsuprisingly by Nantwich station) has live bands on Fridays and Saturdays. edit
- The Red Cow, 51 Beam Street, ☎ 01270 628581. Beer garden and children’s play area. All food is home-made. edit
- The Shakespeare, 35 Beam Street, ☎ 01270 610550. Inn close to the bus station edit
- The Union, 15 High Street, ☎ 01270 626046. A town centre pub offering a wide range of lunches and bar snacks. edit
- The Vine, 42 Hospital Street, ☎ 01270 624172, . Offers a range of hot meals, sandwiches and light bites. edit
- Wickstead Arms, Mill Street, ☎ 01270 625139. A warm and friendly traditional town centre pub. Food is served all day. edit
- Ye Olde Vaults, 48 High Street, ☎ 01270 626282. Bar meals served between 11.30AM and 3.30PM M-Sa. edit