Nai HanPhuket : Nai Han
Nai Han (หาดในหาน Hat Nai Han), more commonly spelled and pronounced, Nai Harn, is a village and a beach of the same name at the southernmost tip of Phuket, near Phromthep Cape. The northeastern bit of Nai Han is Ao Sen (อ่าวเสน-Sen Bay).
Some 18 kilometres from Phuket Town, south of Kata Noi and north of Phromthep Cape, Nai Harn is not Phuket's longest beach, but it borders the most gorgeous lagoon on the island. The middle of the beach is dominated by the Nai Han monastery, which has prevented excessive development and is the reason that the beach is generally less crowded than other spots on the southern part of the island.
- Ao Sen (อ่าวเสน). Often overlooked due to its proximity to Nai Harn, and because the connecting road runs through and under Le Meridien's Royal Phuket Yacht Club, Ao Sen has a wan air of long lost glamour to it. Its chief appeal is the epic view it offers of Nai Harn and Phromthep Cape.
- Hat Nui (หาดนุ้ย). Possibly the most difficult beach to visit on Phuket, Nui lies between the Kata Viewpoint and Nai Harn. A new, wide, dirt road has recently been cut through the forested hillside to replace the winding track down to the beach; however this is just as steep and difficult to traverse and should only be attempted by four-wheel drive trucks and moto-cross bikes. While visiting in January 2013, the beach appeared to be private property and they are charging 200 Baht right before entrance to the beach, giving you an umbrella, mat and one cocktail for this.
- Phromthep Cape (แหลมพรหมเทพ Laem Phromthep). Phromthep Cape is a headland forming the extreme south end of Phuket. "Phrom" is Thai for the Hindu term, "Brahma," signifying purity and "Thep" means 'God.' Local villagers used to refer to the cape as "Laem Chao", or the God's Cape, and it was an easily recognisable landmark for the early seafarers traveling up the Malay Peninsula from the sub-continent. Sunsets here are often fiery and spectacular, so much so that it's also known as Sunset Point.
- View Point (จุดชมวิว). This is located mid-way between Nai Harn and Kata beaches. The scenic Kata Noi, Kata, and Karon beaches, and Ko Pu can be viewed from this point.
Phromthep Cape has tourist shops and a popular restaurant with a nice view of Nai Harn beach.
- Breakfast Hut, 31/33 Baan Sai Yuan, Nai Harn, ☎ +66 76 289 823. 08:00-18:00. Located on the road to Nai Harn beach and a favourite amongst ex-pats and tourists, the Breakfast Hut serves debatably the best breakfast in Nai Harn. The menu includes both Western and Thai foods, and the restaurant is run by a entertaining Scot, John, and his even more entertaining Thai wife, Noi. A lifesaver after a hard night out. 120 baht. edit
- DaVinci, 28/46 Moo 1,Nai Harn (between Nai Han Beach and Soi Sai Yuan.), ☎ +66 76 289 574, . Italian restaurant in Nai Harn which is recognised as one of Phuket's better eateries. The restaurant itself includes a large open air area, a number of private function rooms, a cocktail bar, and children's play area. Food is of a very high standard with a good menu selection, the staff are hand-picked to add to the aesthetic appeal, and the atmosphere in this place is very good. Live musicians regularly play jazz, electro, and chill out music. Definitely a great restaurant for a special night out, but perhaps not for the value-conscious. edit
- Kallot's, Baan Sai Yuan, Nai Harn (30 m from Rum Jungle). 09:00-20:00. One of the area's favoured expat eateries. Serving Western and Thai dishes, the food is great and the prices are good value. edit
- M&Ms Pizza (Restaurant Nai Harn), Nai Harn (just after the junction of the Rawai Beach and Nai Harn Beach Roads, and is a large open-area modern building on the right-hand side as you drive to Nai Harn), ☎ +66 76 289 574. 18:00-24:00. Another Italian restaurant in Nai Harn, but this time more rustic in both food served and the laid-back atmosphere. Don't be put off however - M&M's is well renowned for serving the best pizza in Phuket. The pizzas here really are that good, and the pasta specials also make fine dishes. The only downside is this place's popularity, and during peak season the queue can mean a wait of 30 minutes or more to be seated. Music is jazz, there's always a good buzz here, and it's very family-friendly. edit
- L'Orfeo Restaurant & Lounge, 95/13 Moo 7, Sai Yuan Rd, ☎ +66 76 288 935, . 18:00. Located in quiet Nai Harn village. L’Orfeo restaurant is all about the cosy atmosphere, quality food, and service. French owners Stéphanie and Benoit betray their origins in their food, which is always fresh from the market and of excellent quality. Closed 1 June to 1 September. edit
- Rum Jungle, 69/8 Baan Sai Yuan, ☎ +66 76 388 153. Opens 18:00. Located on Soi Sai Yuan, this place has a lot of charm and atmosphere. The food is of a really high standard, and the Australian owner/chef has a great skill for serving ordinary dishes in an extraordinary way. The menu changes regularly, and fuses Mediterranean and Thai cuisine. Certainly not the cheapest restaurant in the area, but definitely one of the best. They close on a Sunday, and generally there's no need to reserve. edit
There are several low-end guest houses and a hotel on the beach.
The high-end Royal Phuket Yacht Club sits on a hill at the west end of the beach. It is one of two places to stay in Ao Sen. The other is:
- Ao Sane Bungalows, 11/2 Hat Nai Harn. Bungalows directly on the beach, starting at 500 baht (fan room, Thai toilet). Small restaurant and dive shop. edit
- Luxury Opal Villa (6 bed room with hill views), . checkin: 15:00 pm; checkout: 12:00. This family villa offers indoor and outdoor living to suit all ages. Located at the top of a valley within a private development, it has hillside tropical views. Complete with games room and pool table it is an ideal venue for large groups or 2 to 3 families to enjoy a luxurious holiday. This extensive 6/7 bedroom villa is complemented by the large sun terrace and landscaped gardens, complete with sun beds, leading to a large infinity-edged pool with integral Jacuzzi. 36,000 baht. edit
- Dee Inn Guest House (Dee Inn), Rawai, Nai Harn Beach, . Dee Inn guest house is in one of the best locations in Nah Harn only 5 mins to the best beach in Phuket and many restaurants, bars, specialty shops within walking distance, so there is no need for transport but if you desire to take in tours we have our own personal taxi or you can hire one of our own motorbikes for ease of travelling around this beautiful peaceful area which boasts attraction like Promethepe Cape, Yanui Beach, Rawai Beach. edit