Nahariyya (Hebrew: נַהֲרִיָּה, also transliterated Nahariya, occasionally Naharia) is a small city with a population of 50,000 on the far North Coast of Israel.
Nahariyya was founded in 1934 by German Jews fleeing Nazi oppression.
Nahariyya forms the northern terminus of the coastal railway line. Additionally, buses run from Haifa (Egged route numbers 271, 272).
A tourist map is available here .
Huge Israeli Grapes in the Statue Park in Medatech
The boardwalk is quaint and well kept. Follow the main street, HaGa'aton, to the sea, and enjoy walking or bicycle riding along the board walk.
- Statue Park in Medatech, Derech HaAtsma'ut , Nahariya, ☎ 04-9855000. Su-F daylight hours. Dozens of statues by artists from around the country. Free.
- Water Tower (Migdal HaMayim), 12 Jabotinsky St., ☎ 04-9511214. Su-Th 09:00-13:00 (and between 16:00-19:00 in addition on Tu and Th), Sa 10:00-14:00. One of Nahariya's symbols, it was establised in 1936, 27 meter tall tower that provided water to the city among other things. Currently the lower floor got small gallery with exchange exhibits by local artists. Free.
- The Edge (HaKatze), 34 Lohamei HaGeta'ot St, Nahariya, ☎ 04-9926819, . M Th 16:30-19:00, F 12:00-15:00, Sa 11:00-13:00. Local artists gallery with exchanged exhibits. Free.
- Liberman House (Beit Liberman), Gdud 21 St. Nahariya, ☎ 04-9821516, . Su Th 09:00-13:00, M W 16:00-19:00, F 09:00-12:00, Sa 10:00-14:00. Nahariya's museum that tells the story of the city through a permanent exhibit & archive. ₪10.
- Nahariya Zoo-Botanical Garden, 8 Ben Gaon St. Nahariya, ☎ 04-9517491, . Su-Th 09:00-17:00, F 09:00-15:00, Sa 09:00-17:00. ₪15.
Enjoy relaxing by the beach at the public beaches.
- Nahariya Carriage Rides, 26 HaGaaton Blvd, Nahariya, ☎ 04-9879882. Jul Aug Sep. Take a carriage ride around Nahariya for a unique perspective of the city.
- Nahariya Small City Train, 29 HaGaaton Blvd, Nahariya,. Jul Aug Sep 17:00-22:00 (close on Fridays). mostly for kids/youth and families. kids ₪15, adults ₪10.
- Dive/Sail Center - Putsker, 5 HaMa'apilim st. Nahariya, ☎ 04-9511503, . Su-Th 08:00-19:00 ,F Sa 08:00-17:00. Sail from Nahariya to Akhziv Islands, Rosh Hanikrah, Acre. Dive Ship Wrecks ,the Akhziv canyon and Rosh HaNikra grottoes.
- Dance Israeli Folk Dancing, Nahariya's boardwalk. Jul Aug Sep ,Sa 19:30 for kids,20:30 for adults. free.
- Marina Sea Fishing, 5 HaMa'apilim st. Nahariya. free.
- Horse Ride/Cycling (Havat HaHayot), 2 Yitshak Sadeh, Nahariya, ☎ 04-9923005. Su Th 8:00-20:00, F 8:00-15:00, Sa 10:00-20:00.
- Roller Skating Park, Nahariya's boardwalk. Over an area of approximately 18 acres ,includes hockey court. just make sure to bring your own skates. free.
- August Music Festival, Nahariya's boardwalk. Aug. For the Whole Month , free concerts with the popular Israeli singers/bands. free.
- Fun Park (Gil Lekol Gil), HaAliya st. Nahariya (End of the road , North). Jul Aug Sa Holidays 10:00-22:00. For small children till age 8. free.
- Nahariya's Mall, 2 Irit St. Nahariya, ☎ 04-9929977, . Su Th 10:00-22:30,F 09:00-15:00,Sa 20:00-23:00. includes also 5 movie theaters
- Pinguin Restaurant, Hagaaton Boulevard. An institution in Nahariya, Pinguin has been run by the same family since it opened in 1940. Seating is outside in front, where the entrance is flanked by two person-sized penguin sculptures, or inside the restaurant. Pleasant atmosphere. Pizza, Italian entrees, toasted sandwiches, sandwiches, meat entrees. Pinguin also has a catering garden, which can be rented for special occasions. inexpensive to moderate.
- Ida, 48 Haga'aton Blvd., Nahariya, ☎ 04-9513444, . 12:00-24:00. The only chef restaurant in the city , specializes in meat,fish and sea foods. Ida is situated on pedigree real-estate, the home of the city's first mayor, Gershon Tatz. The owners paid tribute to the Tatz family by naming the restaurant after his wife, Ida, and preserving the structure of the home but renovating it with a modern touch.
- Banahala, 17 Yitzhak sadeh , Nahariya, ☎ 04-9512074, . M-Sa 10:00-24:00. ₪60-120.
- The B.K. PUB, 2 HaGaaton Blvd. Nahariya, ☎ 04-9924334, . Nahariya's oldest pub , since 1981 , with rock music in the background.
- Avalon, Nahariya's North Industrial Area, ☎ 04-9523489, . Th F Sa 23:00-03:00. Mega dance bar with special events.
- Florentin, Nahariya's North Industrial Area,, ☎ 050-4242555. 21:00-03:00. An Israeli Dance bar.
- Carlton Nahariya Hotel, Gaaton Blvd. 23 (downtown Nahariya), ☎ +972 4 9005511, . checkin: 3:00 PM; checkout: 11:00 AM. ₪1250.
- Medison Hotel, Hameysdim St., . Madison Hotel Nahariya, former Plaza Nahariya, is located on the waterfront.
- Hotel Frank, 4, Haalia St , Nahariya, ☎ 04-9920278, . Hotel Frank is a family hotel, offering a clean, welcoming atmosphere. Located in quiet surroundings yet only a few steps from the beach and the Town Center. ₪400+.
- Hotel Erna, 29 Jabotinsky St. Nahariya, ☎ 04-9920170, . Founded in 1960 as a traditional family inn,later Hotel Erna became well known as one of the best small hotels in the northern seashore of Israel.
- Ga'aton Motel, Ga'aton Blvd 50, Nahariya, ☎ 04-9001185. checkin: 15:00 - 20:00; checkout: 07:00 - 11:00. Ga'aton Motel is surrounded by cafés and restaurants and is located on the main boulevard, Ga'aton. It offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi and an LCD TV . Rooms are simply furnished and include a fridge and free tea and coffee. Each one has a private bathroom and some rooms also have a kitchenette. ₪320+.
- Beachfront.co.il, HaAliyah Blvd 75, Nahariya, ☎ 972-5424-72321. checkin: 14:00 - 20:00; checkout: 07:00 - 11:00. The Boardwalk beachfront luxury penthouse suite is located right next to the oceanfront with the Mediterranean beach and an expansive seaside walkway within a 3-minute walk. The apartment is self-contained with a full-kitchenette, plush living room, romantic bedroom which include all modern amenities such as air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi and LCD TV. Rooms are expansively furnished and the bathroom has a sauna.The crowning glory of the suite is the rooftop deck with tables and chair and view of the entire Northern coastline. ₪1800/3 night (minimum)+.
- Dolphin Village (Dolphin Village), ☎ 054-9761808 ([email protected]), . checkin: 15:00; checkout: 11:00. The Dolphin Village recreation and guest complex is located in the picturesque Shavei Tsion moshav, just a short walk from the beach. The complex offers rustic hospitality with a Mediterranean atmosphere.
- Monfort Castle & Kziv stream - 6 km of hiking and nature trails.
- Old Car Collection in The Tefen Open Museum  - includes also the Art Gallery, the German-Speaking Jewry Heritage Museum, the Sculpture Garden and the Art of Industry Museum. Su-Th 9:00–17:00, Sa 10:00–17:00, ₪22.
- Ghetto Fighers House Museum - Su-Th 9:00-16:00, F 9:00-13:00, Kibbutz Lohamei Haghetaot, Tel: 04-9958080
- The Cow (HaPara) - Pub in Shavei Tzion with live Israeli concerts usually on Saturdays and Thursdays at 21:30 , Tel: 04-9525250