- For the city in Japan, see Nagoya.
Nagoya, also known as Lubuk Baja, is the main town of Batam, Indonesia.
Nagoya is the main town of Batam, although like all larger cities, Batam is becoming one continous urban sprawl. The local government would like Batam Center to become the center to business and commerce, but private enterprise has voted for Nagoya. If you want to find international standards of hotels, food or entertainment, Nagoya is the best place to start.
The closest ferry terminal is at Harbour Bay (Jodoh), a short drive from central Nagoya, with frequent services on Berlian/Wavemaster from Singapore's HarbourFront terminal. Visa on arrival is available. The old ferry terminal at Batu Ampar is now closed.
Nagoya is well linked by road. During peak traffic periods, it takes about an hour to drive from Nagoya to Batam's furthest places, such as Tanjung Uncang or Nongsapuri.
Taxi to Sekupang costs Rp 12.000 per person if you are sharing, Rp 40.000 if chartered. Going to Harbourbay ferry terminal is about Rp 15.000.
Nagoya Hill is the biggest mall in Batam and hosted the Matahari departmental store. You can catch a movie at the Studio 21 cineplex here for Rp 25.000.
Batam City Square (BCS) is one of the crowded mall in Batam. You can catch a movie too in there for Rp.20.000,-. It have karaoke, lounge, timezone, bowling, etc.
Temple of Da Bo Gong (大伯公廟) is located between nagoya hill and bcs. In there you can see a lot of sculpture of god and godness.
KTM is located near to Sekupang Harbourfront. You can see a big sculpture of Dewi Kwan-Im. From there you also can see batam's neigbourd, Singapore high building.
Short walk to Tanjung Uma.
Wihara Budhi Bhakti - Located at Jl Pembangunan Windsor.
Baitussyakur Mosque - Located at Jl Imam Bonjol, near to Hotel Harmoni.
Ocarina is newest developed theme park. Beach, mini themepark, and currently developing water park. You also can Shio's sculpture along the way. It is about 15minutes from Batam Centre harbour.
For clothing check out Ramayana / Nagoya hill. Sporting equipment is dominated by golf equipment, which can be found in a large sporting store in Nagoya.
You can find excellent Western food in downtown Nagoya Entertainment District outlets, such as Red Cock, Bistro and Lucy's Oarhouse.
There's also many outdoor food courts (Pujasera). The biggest one is the 400 seat Nagoya Food Court, opposite the Hotel Sahid Rashinta. Try 888 Seafood Tofu Claypot, Pork Knuckle, Tom Yum soup or New Hai San Seasfood 新海汕海鲜 (Tel:+62-811-77-9656) steamed orbfish (清蒸白鲳).
Pujasera A1 is located near Lucky Plaza and opposite A1 is Pujasera OKI. Both sell wide variety of chinese and local food and there's another New Hai San Seasfood 新海汕海鲜 branch here. Another Pujasera, Sindo Happy is located at the intersection of Jalan Iman Bonjol and Jalan Windsor.
There's a variety of local food stalls located on the left side of Nagoya Hill entrance where you can find sate, ayam panggang and ikan bakar.
The Nagoya Entertainment District is Batam's most notorious den of sleazy nightlife.
- Hotel Prima Asia, Nagoya 2000 No. 09-10, Lubuk Baja (Nagoya), Pulau Batam 29432, ☎ +62-778-429607, 429608, 429609 (fax: +62-778-426389). Located behind Centerpoint, it offers acceptable rooms with hot shower and TV, though a few have only wall views. It’s a good deal if your budget is really tight. Standard Rp 125.000, VIP Rp 165.000 (additional Rp 20.000 on weekends).
- Hotel Nagoya Plasa, Jl. Imam Bonjol, Lubuk Baja (Nagoya), Pulau Batam 29432, ☎ +62-778-459888 (fax: +62-778-456690, 456418), . A total of 131 rooms and suites. It is located next to the largest, brand new hypermarket and shopping center in Batam – Nagoya Hill Shopping Centre. The rooms are stuffed with modern amenities such as refrigerator and mini bar, IDD, private bath and shower, soft touch and master bedside control panel for central AC, TV, radio, lighting, in-house video. Other facilities include a bar & lounge, coffee shop and big screen sport café. Well known among modern executives and golfers. Standard Rp 300.000, Superior Rp 380.000, Junior Suite Rp 600.000, Suite Rp 800.000, add an extra bed costs Rp 100.000.
- Holiday Hotel, Jl. Iman Bonjol Blok B No. 1 Lubuk Baja (Nagoya), Pulau Batam 29432, ☎ +62-778-458616 (fax: +62-778-457531). This is a typical Indonesian Chinese-run midrange hotel. It’s not gorgeous, but it’s the best value of its kind. The staffs seem ambivalent to give any discount, even though the room occupancy rate is low. Breakfast included and check out time is 13:00. Ekonomi Rp 181.500, Standard Rp 192.500 VIP Rp 220.000, add an extra bed costs Rp 44.000.
- Formosa Hotel, A8 City Plaza, Lubuk Baja (Nagoya), Pulau Batam 29432, ☎ +62-778-426789 (fax: +62-778-426722), . This Singapore Dollar friendly 3 star hotel is only steps away from the Nagoya's shopping malls and food courts (pujasera). All 110 rooms are fully carpeted, tastefully furnished with soft color and attached sound proof bathroom. The hotel has great modern lobby, spacious rooms but no swimming pool. Deluxe or Superior King S$63/S$68 (weekday/weekends), Junior Suites S$100/S$110 (weekday/weekends), Executive Suites S$130/S$140 (weekday/weekends).
- Goodway Hotel, Jl. Imam Bonjol, No. 1, Lubuk Baja (Nagoya), Pulau Batam 29432, ☎ +62-778-426888 (fax: +62-778-458057), . This 4 star business-class hotel with good location offers 273 rooms and suites. Used to be known as Mandarin Regency Hotel and ever housed one of the better known casinos in Batam island, it’s quite a grand hotel but a little dated. Nevertheless, it’s served by a good team of friendly and helpful staffs. The hotel business is not as good as it used to be since the casino ban in Feb 2005. There’s a restaurant, health centre, swimming pool, pub, karaoke Lounge and saloon. Check out time is 12:00. Superior S$106, Junior Suite S$107, Executive Suite S$245, Presidential Suite S$860, add an extra bed costs S$35.
- Regina Inn, Kompleks Inti Sakti Bl A/4 Lubuk Baja (Nagoya), Pulau Batam 29432, ☎ +62-778-425290. Uninspiring, unexciting, this budget option can be pretty grimy. Rooms are very basic. Ekonomi Rp 90.000 Standard Rp 110.000 VIP Rp 130.000.
- Sari Jaya Hotel, Kompleks Bumi Indah, Lubuk Baja (Nagoya), Pulau Batam 29432, ☎ +62-778-451338 (fax: +62-778-451342). This hotel has seen better days. Renovation works are still ongoing and will only finish around end of Aug '07. It has big and spacious rooms, offers standard TV, hot water and breakfast. However, there are some hairline cracks observed on the wall in the room. Daily renovation works end about 17:00 and it’s not really worth the price unless having a perennial 20%-off special. Check out time is 13:00. Standard Rp 185.000, Superior Rp 250.000, Junior Suite Rp 300.000, add an extra bed costs Rp 60.500.
- Harmoni Hotel Batam, Jl. Imam Bonjol Nagoya, ☎ +62 778 459 308 (fax: + 62 788 428 168), . The Harmoni Hotel offers deluxe rooms and junior, deluxe, and executive suites; it also offers the advantage of convenient downtown location and proximity to various activities, including shopping, dining, entertainment and business. "Best.
- Puri Garden Hotel, Jl. Teuku Umar No.1, Nagoya - Batam 29432, ☎ +62 778 458888 (fax: +62 778 456333), . Puri Garden Hotel is in the heart of downtown Nagoya in Batam, just 20 minutes from the Hang Nadim International Airport and minutes away from the city's premiere centers of business, entertainment, and commerce. Best rates on official website start at US$63.
- Panorama Regency Hotel, Komplek Panorama Nagoya - Batam Island 29432, ☎ +62 778 452888, .
- Triniti Hotel Batam, Jalan Raja Ali Haji, Kempleks Boulevard No CC 11-18, Nagoya, Batam Island, Indonesia, ☎ +62 778 459 109, . En-suite rooms with Internet. Spa, gym, restaurant.