Nachod is located within Hell's Valley (Pekelske udoli). The town is entirely surrounded by forests. The River Metuje flows through the city. The highest peak reachable to Nachod is Dobrosov. The city is in close proximity to Orlicke hory. Broumovske steny is also located 30 minutes away.
The train station and bus station share the same area. There are no border controls between the Czech Republic and Poland due to the Schengen Agreement.
From Hradec Kralove and Ceska Skalice, the city is accessed by road 33 (E67). From Nove Mesto nad Metuji, the town is accessed by road 14. Coming from Poland, the town is accessed by E67. On Mondays and Fridays, there is much auto traffic coming in and out of the city. Also, as a border city, Nachod carries the burden of great commerical truck traffic due to the Czech-Polish border.
Train service is available by Ceske drahy (CD).
- CSAD. Veolia. CDS. P-transport. PKS.
On foot. Bicycle. Horses.
- Jiraskova Chata
- Fortifications (pevnost) along old Czechoslovak-German border.
- Nachodska Prima Sezona
- Primatorske Slavnosti (beer festival)
- Fireworks 1 May Celebrations (end of WWII)
- Lunar Park Funfaire.
Kaufland, Albert, Penny Market, Deichmann, Takko, Planeo Elektro, Sportissimo, Elektro World. Dracik. Billa.
- Hotel Hron, ☎ +420. edit
- Port Arthur, ☎ +420. edit
- Hotel Tommy, ☎ +420. edit
- Restaurace Reduta, ☎ +420. edit
- Sokolovna, ☎ +420. edit
- Restaurace U Prahy, ☎ +420. edit
- Ristorante Luigi
- Pizzeria Galeria, Masarykovo náměstí 56, ☎ +420 439 475 846, . The restaurant serves Italian pizzas and pastas, and is popular with the city's teenagers. edit
- Steak Bar
- Fopa (weekend only)
- Marc O Polo
- Stribny Potok
- U Prahy
- Vyhlidka (spa)
- Hotel eLko
Motorest U Pavla, ☎ +420. edit
The town is generally considered safe. However, be aware of strangers at the Nadrazi (train station) at night.
Buses to Prague depart every hour. Departures for Hradec Kralove also depart hourly.