Mysore is a district in Karnataka State.
- Namdroling Monastery, in Bylakupee, a large Nyingma monastery which contains the Golden Temple. In the Golden Temple there are three impressive statues of the Buddha.
- Sera Jhe (also: Sera Jey) and Sera Mey monasteries. These monasteries are located in the same complex in Bylakupee, and with a combined population of almost 5,000 monks, it is one of the largest monastic communties of Tibetan Buddhism outside of Tibet.
Chamundi Hills: About 15 Kms from Mysore, it is a hill station temple which has Godess Chamundeswhari as deity. You can also see big Bull carved out of stone in this place.
Mysore Palace: Magnificient piece of architecture.
There are few good hotels in Mysore.
- Hotel Siddhartha: Offers good variety of South Indian, North Indian Vegetarian food.
- Hotel Sandesh Prince: It is a Two Star Hotel and offers good variety of food.
Mysore also has Pizza corner and other small restaurants.
- The Green Hotel: An old palace now converted into a hotel. Has a nice lawn in the centre where one can have a nice drink and a meal.