Mysłowice (Mee-slo-vee-tzeh) is a middle-size city in Silesian Voivodeship. It's home of many Polish alternative music bands Myslovitz, Penny Lane and Lenny Valentino
Mysłowice's history is very complicated. In middle ages it belonged to Poland, then Czech Kingdom, Habsburg Empire, Germany and finally came back to Poland after Silesian Uprisings. In 19 century it was a border city. Many famous people used to cross a border there like f.ex. Chopin's sister Ludwika.
Nowadays Mysłowice are famous by alternative music scene and its nature and recreation places.
Mysłowice are located 40 km from Katowice airport and 50 km from Krakow airport.
There're many buses from Katowice to Mysłowice. International buses from Berlin, Munich, Prague, Ostrava, Brno, Linz and Vienna stop in Mysłowice. You can check their timetable on E-Podroznik site.
There're trains from Kraków, Szczecin and Poznań stopping in Mysłowice.
- City Center. Main streets are full of 19 century tenement houses.
- Three Emperors' Corner. In 19 century it was a place of Germany, Russia and Austria borders. There's also a monument commemorating thousands of people crossing it to reach Western European Countries and Americas.
- Firefighting Museum . Centralne Muzeum Pożarnictwa in Polish. An unique museum with firefighting exhibition.
- Holy Cross Church. A tiny church from beginning of 19 century located on city's main square.
- Mary's Nativity Church. A church with middle-age origin located near main square.
- Sacred Heart church. A neogothic church from the end of 19 century located near main square.
- Lutheran church. A church from 19 century near the city center.
- chapel in Kosztowy district. A chapel located near Józef Rymer street.
- chapel. Another chapel in Kosztowy district. It was founded in 1899 by Kutz familly. It's located on the Józef Rymer and Kosztowska crossroad
- Gniłek family chapel. A stony chapel from 1937 located in Adam Dzióbek street, in Brzezinka district.
- Our Lady of Sorrows church. A church from first half of 20 century in Brzęczkowice district. There's a Catholic Missions Museum. It's sightseeing its available on request.
- Przewiązka. It was a border and register station connected with history of thousands of people emigrating to Western Europe and Americas.
- City Museum. Muzeum Miasta Mysłowice in Polish. A museum with historical exhibition. Some exhibitions are devoted to 19 century migrations.
- Dziećkowice district Cemetery (Ignacy Łukasiewicz street) A cemetery has its origins in 14 century. There's a 19 century chapel.
- Main cemetery (Mikołowska street). The big cemetery in the city center. There're 19 century graves of priest Ludwik Markiefka, Klaus and Robak families. There's also a I world war captives quarter (mostly of Serbian, Russian, Romanian and British origins)
- Promenade. A long alley starting near Przewiązka.
- All Saints Church. A neogothic church from the end of 19 century located in Dziećkowice district.
- Park Zamkowy. A huge park near promenade.
- St. Joseph's church (PCK street 209). Church from 20s built in historical style, located in Krasowy district. There're bautiful stain glasses.
- Szyb Bończyk. An old coal mine well, nowadays a splurge restaurant.
- St. John The Baptist's Beheading church (Jastrun street 15). A contemporary church with beautiful interior near Szyb Bończyk. It's also a great view point.
- Visitation of Virgin Mary church (Kościelna street 14). A 19 century church located in Brzezinka district with beautiful interior.
- Our Lady of Fatima church (Wiosny Ludów street 46). A beautiful contemporary church in Wesoła district.
- Dziećkowice and Wesoła Fala lakes. Artificial lakes, popular place of relax and doing sports.
- Morgi and Piasek. Districts with old, lovely houses
- Lime kiln (Długa street) Ruins of the lime kiln're located on the slope, near bus station.
There's an open air swimming pool in Słupna district and artificial lake Wesoła Fala with public beaches. Dziećkowice lake has a wild beach but swimming is forbidden there.
Sailing is available on Dziećkowice lake.
There're many biking paths in Mysłowice, there're many of them near Dziećkowice lake.
- Trojak, Stadionowa street 11. edit A resort near Słupna open air swimming pools. There's a bar and restaurant.
- hostel mPark Gościniec, Krakowska street 14. edit. A budget accommodation in the city center.
- hostel mPark Mysłowice, Fabryczna street 7. edit Hostel with bar in Brzezinka district
- hostel Dysta, Katowicka street 53. edit A hostel not far from city center
- Leśna Amfora, Aleja Spacerowa 21. edit Guest rooms near Wesoła Fala lake.
- Akademikus, Oświęcimska street 26. edit Guest rooms near the city center, rooms with WIFI, shared bathrooms
Mysłowice are located not far from Katowice, Cracow, Auschwitz, Zator, Tychy , Jaworzno or Pszczyna. It's also worth to see the closest towns Lędziny, Bieruń, Imielin, Bojszowy and Chełm Śląski