District name is a district of Munich.
- Deutsches Museum (German Museum of Science and Technology), Museumsinsel 1 (S-Bahn: ''Isartor''), ☎ +49 89 21791 ([email protected], fax: +49 89 2179324), . Daily 09:00-17:00. One of the greatest scientific and technical museums in the world, and one of the absolute "Must see's" of Munich; if science and technology interest you at all you should not leave it out. Topics range from aviation to brewing, from computer sciences to bridge building. There are many guided tours on specific themes and different languages inside the museum. Plan to spend plenty of time. There's a planetarium and two branch offices in different locations which show vehicles that found no place in downtown Munich. Adults €8.50, Concessions €3.
- Italfisch (Italian), Zenettistraße 25 (Subways U3 & U6: ''Poccistraße''), ☎ +49 89 776849, . M-F 11:30-14:30 & 18:30-01:00, Closed on Saturdays and Sundays. This restaurant is all about Italian fish dishes - hence the name. The menue is straightforward with not a too big assortment, but the food is really good. The restaurant normally isn't too crowded. Business lunch €16.50.
- Euro Youth Hostel, Senefelderstraße 5 (100 m south of ''Munich Central Station''), ☎ +49 0 89 59908811, . Rooms and facilites are well maintained and staff are friendly and attentive. Very good location. Lively Bar and free wi-fi in all areas. starting from €11.
- Munich Jaeger's, Senefelderstraße 3 (100 m south of ''Munich Central Station''), ☎ +49 89 555281, . Jaeger's is one of many youth hostels in that street. It features clean and comfortable lodgings, with a simple breakfast served each day - a great place to meet other travelers. starting from €12.
- Wombats City Hostel Munich, Senefelderstraße 1 (directly south of ''Munich Central Station''), ☎ +49 89 59989180, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 10:00. Social hostel that is centrally located. It offers an all-you-can-eat breakfast, a bar which serves cheap drinks and food, internet terminals, laundromats, 24hr reception service and no curfew. starting from €12.
- Hotel Präsident, Schwanthalerstraße 20 (100m south of ''Munich Central Station''), ☎ +49 89 5490060, . Pleasant 3 star hotel that offers a charming ambiance, business travel facilities, and Munich tour packages. Double from €97.
- Hotel Royal, Schillerstraße 11 (100m south of ''Munich Central Station''), ☎ +49 89 59988160, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 11:00. The hotel offers free wireless internet access and free premiere movie channel (German & English). It features a very central location with only a few minutes to walk from Munich's historic center, Marienplatz, Hofbräuhaus and the Oktoberfest site. Double from €89.
- Hotel Wallis, Schwanthalerstraße 8 (200m south of ''Munich Central Station''), ☎ +49 89 5490290, . Don't let the austere facade fool you, Hotel Wallis is quite charming inside, with free wireless internet access. Although the bedrooms are small, they are furnished in a toned down Alpine-village style. Wireless internet is free for one device, and 5 Euro/day for each additional device. Double from €93.
- Hotel Astor, Schillerstraße 24, ☎ +49 89 54837, . This 4 star hotel takes care of the details, such as offering a free internet station in the lobby, free bicycle hire and an Italian bistro serving homemade culinary delights. A cozy lounge is available for smokers, and wireless internet access is available in all rooms at no extra charge. Double from €99.
- Hotelissimo Haberstock Swiss Quality Hotel, "Schillerstraße, (fax: +49 89 5503634), . The hotel was completely renovated in 2003 and is located 200m from Munich Central Station and 300m from the city center. Double from €104.
- anna hotel, Schützenstraße 1 (100m east of ''Munich Central Station''), ☎ +49 89 599940, . The design hotel is located right between Munich's central station and Karlsplatz (Stachus) quare. All rooms are designed to not leave anything to be desired. The bar and restaurant at the anna hotel has become a hot spot for hotel guests and locals alike. Double from €220.
- Hotel Excelsior, Schützenstraße 11 (Munich Centre), ☎ +49 0 89 551370, . The first class hotel is centrally located, not far from the central station (150m) and only a 10min walk through the pedestrian zone to the Marienplatz. The breakfast is offered as a buffet and does not leave anything to be desired. Free wireless internet access is provided. Double from €220.