| || |
| || |
Revision as of 14:06, 26 February 2013
Mugello is a landscape in Tuscany.
The most remote, wild and least known of Tuscany is also the most exciting. Few kilometers away from Florence and from Appennino mountains.
Nearest airports are Florence, Pisa and Bologna.
From Florence Mugello can be reached by train with the old Faentina line passing through Mugello's chestnut woods.
Fly above Mugello with a Glider, taking off from Aeroclub Volovelistico del Mugello . All year round, open on week-ends only, you can try the real emotion of silent flying without engine seeking soaring thermals above the Appennine mountains, on board of two-seats gliders with a professional pilot. The airdrome is located in Figliano, 2 miles north of Borgo San Lorenzo, and just 1/2 mile east of Mugello International Circuit.
- Tortelli di patate are large "square" of pasta or as "mezzaluna" (halfmoon shaped) characteristic of Mugello
- Monsignor della Casa Country Resort (Mugello hotels), Via di Mucciano 7 Borgo San Lorenzo (FI), ☎ +39 055.840.821 ([email protected]), . Monsignor della Casa Country Resort in Tuscany is located in the green heart of Mugello. Its estate includes renaissance Villa 'La Casa', birthplace of the famous author of Galateo Giovanni della Casa. Nowadays it is a luxury hotel offering all kind of accommodation as suites, holiday apartments and villas to rent for the best vacation in Tuscany.
- Gaia Guest House (Mugello hotels), Rabatta, 43 - 50032 Borgo San Lorenzo (FI), ☎ (+39) 055.8490000 ([email protected]), . Gaia Guest house is located in the Mugello Valley “the green heart of Tuscany” birthplace of Giotto and Medici family as well as the Florentine Reinassance, with its castles and medieval villages, such as Scarperia and Vicchio, two towns which still follow the traditions when it comes to local gastronomy.
- Villa Montazzi (40 min drive to Florence), Via Sagginalese, ☎ (+32) 494 507380 ([email protected]), . 18th century villa with lots of space: 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 4 living-rooms, library, diningroom and kitchen. Views of the hills and the Apennines in the distance. Large Italian garden surrounding the property. Antique furniture, billiards, table-tennis, above ground swimming pool. 1700euro/week. (43.933954,11.404827)
- Hotel Paterno, Via di Paterno 2393, ☎ +39 055 407930, . Family run, surrounded by greenery in Mugello near Florence. Private parking, privacy.