Mousehole (pronounced Mow-zel) is a charming fishing village in Cornwall in England, known for its picturesque harbor. Dylan Thomas described Mousehole as "the loveliest village in England."
- By bus: Half-hourly buses run from Penzance operated by First Bus Cornwall.
- By car: Park on the outskirts (theres a car park just before the Old Coastguard Hotel on the Penzance road) as the roads are very narrow with p
- By foot: about 3 miles walk from Penzance, along Penzance promenade and past the working fishing port of Newlyn then onto a new foot/cycle path along the coast.
Walking the best and easiest way.
The Christmas lights on Mousehole harbour
- See the Christmas lights around the harbour.
- View the house of Dolly Pentreath (marked by a plaque on the way from the car park to the harbor), reputedly the last native speaker of the Cornish language. A short walk uphill from Mousehole leads to the village of Paul, where there is a memorial to Dolly.
- Mousehole Male Voice Choir, Mousehole, ☎ 01736 361371. Mousehole Male Voice Choir rehearse on Mondays, between 7.30 an 9.15 pm. Visitors are always welcome. During the winter months the Choir practice in the Methodist Sunday School Hall in Mousehole. Between May and October the Choir practice at Paul Church. 2009 is the Choir's Centenary Year, with 75 men practising for some very special occasions. Feel free to come and share our practices with us, or visit the Choir website for concert dates.
- Mousehole Male Voice Choir, Mousehole, ☎ 01736 731479. If you would like to buy one of Mousehole Male Voice Choir's CDs, or the DVD 'The Magic Of Cornwall', featuring some of the Mousehole Choir's music, call Harry Pender on 01736 731479.
- The Old Coast Guard Hotel and Restaurant, . Open for lunch and dinner serving moderately priced modern British food.
- The Cornish Range, http://www.cornishrange.co.uk/, ☎ 01736 731488, . Excellent restaurant serving fresh fish and good meat dishes.
Usual selection of good pubs.
- Old Coastguard Hotel the smartest place to stay
- Various B&Bs