Modesto is in California's San Joaquin Valley.
- Modesto City–County Airport, 1010 10th Street, ☎ 209-577-5200 ([email protected]), . Served by United Express from San Francisco.
- Amtrak, 1700 Held Drive, ☎ +1 800 872-7245, . Modesto is serviced several times a day by the San Joaquin line, which runs south to Bakersfield and north to either Sacramento or the Bay Area.
- Greyhound, 1001 9th St. Ste. C, ☎ +1 209-526-4314, . Station hours M-Su 9AM-1PM, 2:30PM-9PM.
Modesto is on California State Route 99, the major north-south arterial between Sacramento and Bakersfield.
- Modesto Nuts. When in Modesto during the summer time, the local minor league baseball team plays at beautiful John Thurman Field. Once called the Modesto A's (a minor league affiliate of the Oakland Athletics), the team is now called the Modesto Nuts and are just as exciting as when Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco and Miguel Tejada played for them. Check out the official Modesto Nuts website for schedules, rosters, and upcoming events.
- Lucas Plaza Statue, (Intersection of Downey, 17th Street, McHenry Avenue, J Street and Needham Avenue). This bronze statue features two 1960s teens leaning on a car. It is a tribute to George Lucas, who grew up in Modesto.
Be sure to check out ModestoView.com to get the current listing of things going on in and around Modesto.
- Sunshine Rafting Adventures, 17500 Sonora Road, ☎ 2098484800, . 7am-8pm. Offering low cost float trips on the Stanislaus River out of Knights Ferry, CA for over 25 years. $17+.
- The Velvet Grill and Creamery has one of the best breakfast specials Modesto has to offer. Their specialty is their French toast, which is made from fresh baked bread that is deep fried and served with a homemade cinnamon butter.
- The Old Mill restaurant and grill on 9th Streetis local favorite for breakfast. Biscuits and gravy...YUM!!!!
- El Rosal - Mexican Food. Voted the best Mexican burrito in the Modesto Bee several years running.
- Fat Cat Music House and Lounge  - Thirties-era show house, live entertainment, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night stand up comedy. Doors open at 6PM with live Jazz from 6PM-8PM, comedy begins at 8PM.
- Best Western Town House Lodge, 909 16th Street, ☎ +1 209 524-7261 (fax: +1 209 579-9546), .
- Courtyard Modesto, 1720 Sisk Road, ☎ +1 209 577-3825 (fax: +1 209 577-1717), .
- Days Inn, 1312 McHenry Avenue, ☎ 209-527-1010, .
- Holiday Inn Express, 4100 Salida Blvd, ☎ +1 209 543-9000, .
- Motel 6, 1920 West Orangeburg Avenue, ☎ +1 209 522-7271 (fax: +1 209 578-0188), .
- SpringHill Suites Modesto, 1901 W Orangeburg Ave, ☎ +1 209 526-2157 (fax: +1 209 526-2155), .
- Super 8 Motel Modesto, 4100 Salida Blvd. Hwy 99 At Pelandale, ☎ (209) 543-9000, . Mission-style architecture and a central location puts you in the heart of San Joaquin Valley businesses, attractions and outdoor recreation.>
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto, 4300 Bangs Avenue Modesto, CA 95356, ☎ 209-543-9009, . Vacation at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Modesto, California, an exciting city in Stanislaus County, and enjoy an exceptional hotel with spacious suites and value travel packages.>
- Days Inn Modesto, 1312 McHenry Ave, Modesto, California 95350 US, ☎ 800-843-6633, . Welcome to the Days Inn hotel in Modesto, California. We are conveniently located near Yosemite National Park and many other northern California attractions. Our comfortable rooms and reasonable rates make our hotel the right choice for business and vacation travelers. Book a room today!
- Microtel Inn & Suites, 1760 Herndon Rd (From 99, Exit Hatch, turn east, right on Herndon Rd. Hotel on left), ☎ 209-538-6466, . checkin: 2:00PM; checkout: 11:00PM. Located 2 miles south of Downtown Modesto. Near Yosemite National Park, Gallo, Winco Foods, Con Agra, Frito Lay company. Our Singles, Doubles, and Suites are perfect for business and vacation travelers. We offer free internet, breakfast, and nationwide calls. Swimming pool, business center, and fitness room and coin laundry are on site. $69.00.