Downtown Mobile from Fort Conde.
Mobile is a city in the state of Alabama in the South of the United States of America with almost a half million people in the metro area.
Mobile is a historic, diverse port city with a strong southern culture and heritage. The original capital of French Louisiana, Mobile is home to the oldest Mardi Gras celebration in the United States.
- Mobile Regional Airport (IATA: MOB); 8400 Airport Blvd;  is the main airport servicing Mobile. Served by five airlines.
- Mobile Downtown Airport (Brookley Complex); 1891 9th Avenue; Phone: (251) 438-7334;
- megabus.com, ☎ 1-877-462-6342, . Express bus service to/from New Orleans and Atlanta. Double Deck Coaches with WiFi, Restrooms, Power Outlets and seats starting at $1.
- MODA Free electric trolley that serves downtown with 22 stops, available Monday through Friday from 7am - 6pm.
- The Wave Transit System is Mobile's public bus service. The frequency is not the best, generally one bus per hour but the buses run on time and are reliable. They can even carry a bicycle on a rack at the front of the bus and there is no charge for bicycles. The fares are $1.25 one way or $3.00 for an all day ticket. Routes and timetables are available online or at the GM&O Transportation Centre.
- Historic Fort Conde, 150 South Royal Street; ; Recreation of a fort built in 1723. Admission is free.
- Bellingrath Gardens, 12401 Bellingrath Gardens Rd. in Theodore, Alabama.; ; Sixty-Five acre Garden Estate open year around since 1934. Includes the 2004 Top Public Rose Garden in the United States. Admission rates vary, and some packages include a river cruise and guided tour of the Bellingrath Museum Home.
- Battleship Memorial Park, 2703 Battleship Parkway; ; Tour the WWII battleship USS Alabama and the WWII submarine the USS Drum. Also features a large collection of aircraft and other military hardware. Admission: Age 12 & up: $15.00, Ages 6-11: $6.00, and under age 6: Free.
- Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Dauphin, 36602 Mobile. Is a masterpiece of neo classical architecture from 1835. The church is the only southern church which could be called a small basilica.
- Bragg-Mitchell Mansion, 1906 Spring Hill Avenuel; ; Hours Tuesday-Friday 10:00-16:00; The Bragg-Mitchell Mansion is a combination of neoclassical and Italian architecture. The house is furnished with antiques and curtains. Admission: Adults $5.00 Seniors $4.50 Students/Children $3.00 Children under 6 Jahre free.
- Ladd-Peebles Stadium, 1621 Virginia Street; ; This 40,000 seat stadium hosts college football games such as the GMAC Bowl  in mid-December and the Senior Bowl  in late-January.
- Mobile BayBears, 755 Bolling Bros. Blvd; ; This baseball team is an AA Affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Their ballpark, Hank Aaron Stadium, is named for the baseball great who is from Mobile.
- Mobile Greyhound Park, Old Pascagoula Rd. Theodore, AL 36582; ; Weekly Greyhound dog racing. Free admission, $2 valet. Dress code.
- Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center, 65 Government St.; ; Regional science center with exibits for all ages. Includes the only Domed IMAX Theater on the Gulf Coast.
- Celebrate Mardi Gras, ; The original home of Mardi Gras in the United States, Mobile, has been celebrating it since 1703. The streets of historic downtown are filled with floats, marching bands, and parades for weeks. Mardi Gras must be experienced to be fully understood and Mobile is the perfect place.
- Go on a Walking Tour,  ; Historic downtown Mobile can easily be explored by foot. See the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception and Scottish Rite Temple, rest under the shade trees in Bienville Square, watch the ships on the Mobile River from Cooper Riverside Park, and grab a bite to eat on Dauphin Street.
- Take a Cruise, ; Carnival Cruise Line operates their Fun Ship "Holiday" from the port of Mobile. Four and five day Western Caribbean cruises.
- Colonial Mall Bel Air, 3299 Bel Air Mall.  A mall featuring over 130 stores.
- Legacy Village at Springhill, 9 Du Rhu Dr., Mobile, AL 36606.  A new, upscale shopping center.
- Bienville Books, 109 Dauphin Street.  Small, independent, new and used book store located by historic Bienville Square. Plenty of local and Southern authors.
- Wintzell's Oyster House,  605 Dauphin St. Mobile institution since 1938, located in historic downtown.
- Dreamland BBQ,  3314 Old Shell Road. Off of I-65 near downtown.
- Ruth's Chris Steakhouse,  2058 Airport Blvd.
- Original Oyster House,  3733 Battleship Pkwy. Overlooks Mobile Bay.
- Saucy Q Bar B Q,  1252 Government St.
- Brick Pit Barbecue,  5456 Old Shell Rd. (Near University Blvd)
- Dew Drop Inn, 1808 Old Shell Rd. Local favorite since 1937, serving great dogs and burgers.
- Dick Russell's BBQ, 5360 Highway 90 W. Great country style breakfast.
- La Pizzeria (La Pizzeria), 1455 1/2 Monroe (La Pizzeria is located in midtown Historic Leinkauf District, directly behind the main building for Leinkauf Elementary School.), ☎ 251.473.5003, . Mobile's casually elegant dining experience! Gourmet pizzas, specialty pastas, veal, steaks, and the freshest seafood available on the Gulf Coast!
- Grand Central, 256 Dauphin St. Downtown bar opened in 1903. Live music on weekends.
- Hurricane Brewing Company,  225 Dauphin St.
- Mellow Mushroom, 5660 Old Shell Rd.
- T. P. Crockmier's Bar & Grill, 170 S Florida St.
- Margarita's Bar,  224 Dauphin St.
- Callaghan's Irish Social Club, 916 Charleston St.
- The Pillars, 1757 Government St.
- Jerusalem Cafe, 4715 Airport Boulevard (Behind Applebee's in the Regency Square Shopping Center on Airport Boulevard (between Hillcrest and University)), ☎ (251) 304-1155, . Wide selection of vegetarian dishes and middle eastern food. Quiet.
- Best Western Ashbury Hotel & Suites , 600 W I-65 Service Road S, +1 251 344-8030, Toll-free: +1 800 752-0398, Fax: +1 251 460-0470.
- Best Western Battleship Inn , 2701 Battleship Pkwy, +1 251 432-2703, Fax: +1 251 432-6111.
- Best Western Tillman's Corner , 5634 Tillmans Corner Pkwy, +1 251 660-9978, Fax: +1 251 660-8053.
- Courtyard by Marriott Mobile , 1000 South Beltline Highway, +1 251 344-5200, Fax: +1 251 341-0300.
- Fairfield Inn Mobile , 950-A West I-65 Service Road South, +1 251 316-0029, Fax: +1 251 316-0974.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile I-65 @ Airport Blvd , 1028 West I-65 Service Road South, +1 251 343-4007, Fax: +1 251 343-4050.
- Holiday Inn , 5465 Hwy 90 W (government Blvd), +1 251 666-5600.
- Homewood Suites Mobile, 530 Providence Park Drive East, ☎ +1 251 634-8664, . Offering all suites with full kitchens and private bedrooms, free hot breakfast, free WiFi, free parking, and free evening reception Monday - Thursday.
- Microtel Inn & Suites Mobile/Daphne , 29050 U.S. Highway 98, Tel: (251) 621-7807.
- Mobile Marriott , 3101 Airport Blvd., +1 251 476-6400, Toll-free: +1 800 380-7971, Fax: +1 251 476-9360.
- Motel 6 Mobile North , 400 South Beltline Highway, +1 251 343-8448, Fax: +1 251 343-7502.
- Motel 6 Mobile West - Tillmans Corner , 5488 Inn Road, +1 251 660-1483, Fax: +1 251 660-7832.
- Ramada Inn - Mobile AL, 850 S. Beltline Hightway, ☎ +1 251-342-3220 (fax: +1 251 342-8919), . (30.6743,-88.128)
- Ramada Mobile Downtown, 255 Church Street (I-10 E 26A, I-10 W. 27), ☎ +1 251-433-6923 (fax: +1 251 433-8869), . (30.6883,-88.0428)
- Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel Mobile , 64 South Water Street, Toll-free: +1 866 749-6069, Fax: +1 251 415-3060.
- Renaissance The Battle House, A Renaissance Hotel , 64 South Water Street, (251) 338-2000, Fax: +1 251 415-0123.
- Residence Inn Mobile , 950 West I 65 Service Road South, +1 251 304-0570, Fax: +1 251 304-0580.
- TownePlace Suites Mobile , 1075 Montlimar Drive, +1 251 345-9588, Fax: +1 251 345-9589.
- Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65 Airport/Blvd (Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West Mobile, AL), 828 W. I-65 Service Road South, Mobile, AL, 36609USA (From I-65 Exit #3 Airport Boulevard West. At Second light turn left onto the I-65 Service Road. Follow service road around curve and Hotel is on your right. From Mobile Regional Airport: Turn LEFT onto AIRPORT BLVD/CR-56 E. Merge onto WEST I-65 SERVICE RD SOUTH just past Olive Garden. Hotel is on right side of road at the intersection of Western-American Circle. From Mobile Downtown Airport: Head SW toward Flave Pierce Road, turn left at Flave Pierce Road. Turn left onto Airport Blvd. Left onto W I65 Service Rd S.), ☎ 1-251-544-6000, . checkin: 3:00 pm; checkout: 12:00 pm. Located off I-65 in Mobile Alabama, eight miles from Mobile Regional Airport and downtown. Hotel offers the following: 101 guest rooms with accessible rooms, Great American Grill (serves breakfast and dinner), Complimentary WiFi, & 24-hour Business Center. Hotel guests enjoy onsite amenities like fully-equipped business center with complimentary Wi-Fi, fitness center, restaurant and a convenient location in Mobile, AL. $89 +.
- Denmark (Honorary), 205 Saint Louis St, ☎ +1 251 432-4636 ([email protected], fax: +1 251 432-8675), .
- Dauphin Island,  Hwy 193, 23 miles south of Mobile. Sandy beaches, Historic Fort Gaines, fishing pier, campground, bird-watching sites, the Dauphin Island Sea Lab and Estuarium, and the Isle Dauphine Golf Club are all on the island.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!