Milpitas (2000 population 62,698) is in the South Bay region of the Bay Area of California.
Mineta San Jose International Airport, Oakland International Airport, or San Francisco International Airport
The ruins of an 1800s-built adobe,Alviso Adobe, are on the intersection of Piedmont Road and Calaveras Road. Check to see if it is open to the public at this time. It is stuck behind fences in a new neighborhood and a bit hard to find.
- Hike to Monument Peak at Ed R. Levin County Park.
- The Great Mall of the Bay Area. An enormous factory outlet mall that features over 200 shops. Once a Ford factory, now a mall, the center pays homage to its past. You can count on crowds and lots of bargains.
- Brandon's Restaurant, 1800 Barber Ln., (408) 570-5470.  The award-winning Mediterranean and American cuisine features organic produce, free-farmed beef, game, and poultry, as well as fresh seafood daily. Menu highlights range from great steaks to imaginative salads, duck, and lettuce wraps. The wine list features the best California wines, from nearby Napa and Sonoma.
- Marie Callendar's, 333 S Abbott Ave., (408) 263-7437.
- Maruichi Ramen in the "Ranch 99" shopping center, off of Barber Road, serves excellent Japanese noodle soup. They are known for their "Kuro Ramen" which has a deep browned garlic flavor. You can choose between the thin and chewy ramen noodles or the thicker udon type noodles. This is a branch of the original shop in Mountain View.
- Dar Da, also in the "Ranch 99" shopping center, serves Chinese-Muslim as well as Northern Chinese specialities. In addition to food cooked according to Muslim dietary requirements (halal), there are various seafood and non-halal options as well. Excellent choices include the thick stir-fried noodles ("knife cut noodles"), sizzling rice soup, as well as various beef and chicken dishes.
- Pho Nam, 41 Serra Way, (408) 956-9627 serves some of the best Vietnamese "Pho" (beef soup noodles) in the Milpitas area. The beef broth is clear and has a delicate flavor. There are many variations of the standard "Pho" as well as vermicelli bowls, rice plates, and drinks.
- Taqueria Las Vegas, 1417 N Milpitas Blvd, (408) 262-2415 is the best choice for Mexican food in town.
- The Beverly Heritage Hotel, 1820 Barber Lane, (408) 943-9080, . Adjacent to many of the major corporations outside San Jose. Free Wi-Fi, free shuttle to and from airport, shopping mall, and local businesses. Lots of meeting space and great on-site restaurant that is more of a local place than a hotel restaurant.
- Best Western Brookside Inn, 400 Valley Way, ☎ 408-263-5566, . You’ll feel right at home as soon as you check into the Best Western Brookside Inn, whether you’re here on vacation, for business, or any other reason. Our guestrooms feature lavish pillow-top, king size beds, cherry wood furniture, and lovely decor, all designed for your comfort and ease.
- Courtyard Milpitas, 1480 Falcon Drive, ☎ 4087191966, . Near Milpitas Great Mall of the Bay Shopping Center. For fun there are the Paramount Great America Theme Park and the San Jose Winchester Mystery House. There is also hiking at Joseph D. Grant County Park. $139-$169.
- Crowne Plaza San Jose Silicon Valley, 777 Bellew Dr., (408) 321-9500, .
- Days Inn, 270 S. Abbott Ave, ☎ 408-946-8889, .
- Homestead Studio Suites, 330 Cypress Dr, (408) 433-9700, Fax: (408) 433-9790,  Kitchens, Wi-Fi, laundry, fitness center, business center and guest pantry.
- Milpitas Inn ,66 South Main Street, (800) 686-1943, Fax: (408) 262-2026, . A reasonably priced hotel.
- Residence Inn Milpitas Silicon Valley, 1501 California Circle, (408) 941-9222, Fax: (408) 941-0800, .
- Sheraton, 1801 Barber Lane, ☎ (408) 943-0600.
- TownePlace Suites Milpitas Silicon Valley, 1428 Falcon Drive, (408) 719-1959, Fax: (408) 719-1952, .
- Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas, 30 Ranch Drive, ☎ 408-719-1313, .
- Larkspur Landing Milpitas, 40 Ranch Drive, ☎ 408.719.1212, . Studio & Executive Suites. All with full kitchens and they offer complimentary gorcery shopping and free breakfast.
Milpitas is next to Fremont, Newark, and San Jose