To get into Middletown, or anywhere on Aquidneck Island, You can take one of three bridges: The Newport Bridge (Claiborne Pell Bridge), from Jamestown, Rhode Island, The Sakonnet River Bridge, from Tiverton, Rhode Island, or the Mount Hope Bridge, from Bristol, Rhode Island.
Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) offers (in season) daily trolley/bus service to all major points of interest in Middletown.
- Newport Vineyards, 909 East Main Rd. (Rte. 138), Phone: +1 401-848-5161, .
- Norman Bird Sanctuary, 583 3rd Beach Rd., Phone: +1 401-846-2577, . Daily 9AM-5PM. A 300 acre sanctuary for deer, fox, over 300 species of birds. Marked nature trails of up to 1.1 mi each (no pets permitted on trails). Lovely coastal views. $4.
- Holiday Cinemas, West Main Road, Phone: +1 401-847-3456.
- Sachuest Town Beach,, Sachuset Point Road. Known as Second Beach to locals, this is the largest beach in this area. Here you can find great surf, fine sand, showers, and a concession stand. Seasonal parking passes are available in the beginning of the summer season.
- Third Beach, Third Beach Road. This beach is known for its calm surf, which is perfect for water sports and small children. There are no public bathrooms or concession stand offered at this beach, but parking is available.
- Flaherty Charters, Middletown, . Charter a fishing boat.
- Crumb Kruncher's (children’s clothes), 496 East Main Road, Phone: 401-842-0848.
- Deborah Winthrop - Fine Lingerie & Gifts, 510 East Main Road, Phone: 401-846-3999.
- Island Sports (sporting goods), 86 Aquidneck Avenue, Phone: 401-846-4421.
- Walrus & Carpenter Toy Store, 909 East Main Road, Phone: 401-849-0012.
- A Shade Above, 700 Aquidneck Avenue, Phone: 401-849-5664.
- Anthony's Seafood & Restaurant, 963 Aquidneck Avenue, Phone: 401-848-5058.
- Atlanta Bread Company, 288 East Main Road, Phone: 401-841-0654 Fax: 401-841-0653.
- Atlantic Beach Club, 53 Purgatory Road, Phone: 401-847-2750.
- Atlantic Grille, 91 Aquidneck Avenue, Phone: 401-849-4440.
- Becky's Real BBQ, 82 East Main Road, Phone: 401-841-9909.
- Custom House Coffee, 796 Aquidneck Avenue, Phone: 401-842-0008.
- Easton's Point Pub & Restaurant, 116 Aquidneck Avenue, Phone: 401-847-0001.
- Flo's Clam Shack & Raw Bar, 44 Wave Avenue, Phone: 401-847-8141.
- Glass Onion, 909 East Main Road, Phone: 401-848-5153.
- Bay Willows Inn, 1225 Aquidneck Avenue (Route 138A), Phone: 401-847-8400.
- Best Western Atlantic Beach Hotel, 34 Wave Avenue, +1 401 847-5330, Fax: +1 401 847-8041, .
- Carriage House Inn, 93 Miantonomi Ave, Phone: 401-841-0018. 
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 317 West Main Road (Route 114), Phone: 401-848-6555.
- Howard Johnson Inn, 351 West Main Road (Route 114), Phone: 401-849-2000.
- Paradise Motel, 459 Aquidneck Avenue (Route 138A), Phone: 401-847-1500.
- Sandpiper Cottage, 985 East Main Road (Route 138), Phone: 401-847-9726.
- Sea View Inn, 240 Aquidneck Avenue (Route 138A), Phone: 401-324-6200.
- Sea Whale Motel, 150 Aquidneck Avenue (Route 138A), Phone: 401-846-7071.
- Residence Inn by Marriott, 325 West Main Rd, Phone: 401 845 2005, . All-suite hotel, 2 miles from downtown Newport, offers separate areas for sleeping, living, eating, and a fully equipped kitchen. Indoor swimming pool & whirlpool. Free hot breakfast buffet daily, social events M-Th, beer and wine bar, summer barbeques, and free internet.