The Middle Atlas region of Morocco covers the mountain range as well as nearby cities such as Fez and Meknes.
- Fez – Fez is the former capital of Morocco and one of the oldest and largest medieval cities in the world
- Ifran – A sleepy and scenic mountain town, home to the prestigious Al-Akhawayn University.
- Itzer – Itzer, a small Berber town southeast of Azrou, overlooks a plateau and the Middle and High Atlas Mountains
- Meknes – A modern, laid back city that offers a welcome break from the tourist crush of nearby Fez
- Zaouia d'Ifrane – An actual sleepy and extremely scenic Berber village nestled into the Mid-Atlas. Located about 100K south of Fes.
- AFC Middle Atlas Treks, Itzer, ☎ 212 66 76 55 68, . Enjoy traditional meals, 2 nights lodging in a Berber home, a full day of hiking in one of the Middle Atlas region's most beautiful valleys, and optional cultural activities in the evening. Trek for a good cause, as all profits support the community development projects of Association Atlas... Fil et Couleur. 240 dh.