Meersburg is a town in Southern Germany. It lies on Lake Constance. Meersburg is known for its two castles and for its wines.
- By car — Meersburg lies along the B31 and B33 highways.
- By boat — There is a car ferry several times an hour from Konstanz. Boats from other locations around Lake Constance also stop in Meersburg.
- By train — There is no train station to Meersburg. The best way to get there by train is to travel to Friedrichshafen or Überlingen and take the bus into Meersburg.
- By bus
The "tourist areas", lower town ("Unterstadt") and upper town ("Oberstadt"), are best seen on foot. They are mostly pedestrian zones, and connected by stairs and a very steep street.
- Old Castle (Fortress). Monday–Sunday 9:00–18:30. The oldest parts of this castle date back to the 7th century. Most of the rooms are furnished in period style. A newer section was the living (and death) quarters of one of Germany's best known poets, Annette von Droste-Hülshoff. This castle is probably the single best reason to visit Meersburg. It also has a small cafe with outdoor seating with lake view. If you only want to visit the cafe, you can see the first few rooms of the castle for free on your way to it. (To do this, you have to buy a cafe coupon for a couple of euros which is then used to purchase items at the cafe.) Absolutely recommended if you happen to be there on a day when there's a clear view of the alps across the lake. Full castle access is €8.50, plus another €2.50 if you want the guided tour and tower access.
- New Castle. This baroque castle was built between 1712 and 1760. It houses some art galleries and temporary exhibition. Skip the cafe though--there are lots of better places to eat in Meersburg. Adults €4, children €1.
- Zum Bären, Marktplatz 11 (upper town central), ☎ +49 75 32 / 43 22-0, . Single €47, double €79-€104.
- Hotel Seehof, Unterstadtstraße 36 (lower town east), .
- Strandhotel Wilder Mann, Bismarckplatz 2 (lower town west), ☎ +49 7532 4349-0, . Single: €70-€80, double: €95-€130.
- Zum Schiff, Bismarckplatz 5 (lower town central), ☎ +49 7532 4500-0, . Single €54-€75, double €81-€124, suites €105-€180, prices depend on the season and the room's view.
- Hotel Garni EDEN, Menizhoferweg 4 (Height Town east), ☎ 0049753243050, . In this family-operated hotel, guests will find modern and elegant rooms as well as a quiet residential location and every desirable convenience. Single 79€, Double 108€-139€. (47:41:33N,9:16:41E)