This article is a travel topic
This is a calendar of events and festivals in the month of May.
- 1st: May Day or Labor Day.
- 6th: international blood donation and free eye check up day.
- 24th of May - Victoria Day
- 8th day of the fourth lunar month (April/May): Cheung Chau Bun Festival in Hong Kong, .
- First full moon in May: Visakah Puja/Buddha Purnima day.
- Last Sunday of May: Cantine Aperte . Free wine tasting in wineries throughout the country.
- 5th: Children's Day (子供の日 Kodomo no hi), also known as Boys' Day (端午の節句 Tango no Sekku)
- Until May 5: Golden Week, an extremely popular time to travel; best avoided as transport and accommodations are often booked solid.
- 4th: Cassinga Day
- 25th: Africa Day
- 3rd: Polish Constitution Day. The most important holiday in Poland, and on the weekend following the holiday, there are colorful parades in cities with large populations of people of Polish ancestry (such as Chicago).
- 1st: Workers Day, (Public holiday)
- 2nd: Autonomous Community of Madrid regional day.
- First full moon in May: Vesak Day . Also in Singapore.
- 29 May-10 June 2007. The Swansea Bay Film Festival , Dylan Thomas Centre, Swansea, UK. . One of the UK's largest international film festivals.
- Late May: Chelsea RHS Flower Show,  in Chelsea, London
- First Saturday in May: Imagine RIT Creativity and Innovation Festival  in Rochester, New York.
- First weekend after Mothers Day each year: Ninth Avenue International Food Festival in New York City.
- Mid May: Lilac Festival  in Rochester, New York.
- Last Monday in May: Memorial Day