MaxEarth : North America : United States of America : Great Plains : North Dakota : McLean County (North Dakota) : Max
Max  is a small town in McLean County, in the west central area of North Dakota. It is less than 30 miles south of Minot and has a population of about 280 people. Coordinates are Latitude 47.82N & Longitude 101.30W.
Max will be celebrating its centennial in 2006. It is named after the son of the first postmaster of the town. The town's history is linked to the expansion of the Soo Line Railroad.
- By car: about 60 miles north of I-94 and Bismarck, via US Hy. 83.
- Lake Sakakawea about 10 miles south of Max.
- Max Rodeo, celebrated 25th year in 2004. Grounds located at Main Street and Sixth Avenue. Tel: (701) 722-3918
- Unique Treasures, Highway 83, at the south end of the Centennial Café, Max, ND 58759
- Centennial Cafe, Highway #83, Max, ND 58759. Tel: (701) 679-8268
- DJ's Lounge, Highway 83, Max, ND 58759. Tel: (701) 679-2539. Open Monday to Saturday
- Johnny's Bar, 202 East Main Street, Max, ND 58759. Tel: (701) 679-8222.
- Max City Camper Park, Flower Street and 6th Ave, (701) 679-2539. Tent and RV camping. Open spring to fall. $10 per night.
- Tammy's Prairie Pines Bed and Breakfast, 2888 27th ST NW, Max, ND. Farmhouse bed and breakfast, hunting lodging, special events. Tel: (701) 679-2112 or (701) 679-2227.