| || |
|−|Meeting Park [http://www.meetingparkmarietta.com] is a mixed-use development just off the Marietta Square, featuring townhomes, condos, shops, restaurants, and office space. |+|
[http://www.meetingparkmarietta.com ] is a mixed-use development just off the Marietta Square, featuring townhomes, condos, shops, restaurants, and office space.
| || |
Revision as of 13:49, 9 May 2007
Marietta  is a city in Georgia, on the outskirts of Metro Atlanta.
Travel North on Interstate 75 from Atlanta.
- Marietta Square, around Church Street (Marietta Parkway can also be used), +1 770 429-1115, . Open all day, every day. Marietta Square is the center of old Marietta, with many shopping and historical attractions including a Gone with the Wind Museum, History Museum, Theater, and a number of shops. There are also a number of events and attractions, including Art In The Park, a yearly art festival showing the local talent. Prices vary depending on attraction.
- The Big Chicken, built at the city's biggest intersection of Cobb Parkway (US 41) and Roswell Road (S. R. 120) - - exact address 12 Cobb Pkwy N, Marietta GA 30062, is a sculpture of a big red chicken. History of the Big Chicken
- The Marietta Gone With the Wind Museum, also called "Scarlett On the Square," (located in Marietta Square) houses one of the world's most extensive collections of memorabilia related to both the book and the film.
- The The Kennesaw House, located west of the town square, is one of only two buildings in Marietta not burned to the ground in Sherman's March to the Sea. 
Meeting Park is a mixed-use development just off the Marietta Square, featuring townhomes, condos, shops, restaurants, and office space.
- Aussie Bakery, located in Marietta Square, offers the usual bakery items as well as meat pies and other Australian cuisine. Open for breakfast and lunch.
- Daabha Indian Cafe, Cumberland Drive (near the Cumberland Mall). Excellent.
- Falafel Cafe, 950 Cobb Parkway, Suite 100 (behind the Dive Shop), +1 770 419-8999. Open Tu-Su 11AM-9PM. Has the world's best rice, and some mighty tasty kebabs.
- The Pub Restaurant, overlooks the Marietta Resort's championship golf course. Features a full liquor bar.
Cheerwine, a regional soda from North Carolina, can often be found in and around Marietta.
- Best Western Marietta Inn & Suites, 639 Franklin Road SE, ☎ +1 678 355-5050 (fax: +1 678 355-5050), .
- Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/I-75 North, 2455 Delk Road, ☎ +1 770 956-1188 (fax: +1 770 933-0489), .
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1775 Parkway Place Se, ☎ +1 770 428-4400, .
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, 2265 Kingston Ct (formerly Delk Rd), ☎ +1 770 952-7581, .
- Motel 6 Atlanta - Marietta, 2360 Delk Road, ☎ +1 770 952-2395 (fax: +1 770 956-7502), .
- Motel 6 Atlanta Northwest - Marietta, 2360 Delk Road, ☎ +1 770 952-8161 (fax: +1 770 984-2307), .