This article is a travel topic
This is a calendar of events and festivals in the month of March.
- 3 March 2007: Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade and Party , Sydney.
- Early March: Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras , Sydney, Australia
- Late March: Royal Easter Show,  in Sydney
- Carnival - sometimes takes place on early March, see February for details.
- Mid March: Cape Argus Cycle Tour, +27 (0)21 685-6551 (email:[email protected]), . Entrance fee is R250 for entrants on the African continent or the equivalent of 50 Euro's every one else. Total distance is 109km. Start in downtown Cape Town, cycle down the eastern side of the peninsula, past Simon's Town and back up the western side of the peninsula. Cape Town, South Africa
- 21st: Human Rights Day (Public holiday)
- Mid March: Two Oceans marathon,  on the Cape Peninsula
- Mid March: Splashy Fen Music Festival,  just outside Underberg in KwaZulu-Natal
- Late March to early April: Rand Show, +27 (0)11 661-4000 (email:[email protected]),  at the Expo Center, Nasrec, Johannesburg
- Late March: OppiKoppi (Literally translates to On the Hill) , Music festival outside Northam
- Late March: Klein Karoo National Arts Festival, , in Oudtshoorn
- Late March: Cape Town Jazz Festival,  in Cape Town
- Late March and early April: Cape Epic Mountain bike race,  in the Western Cape
- 16th of March to 23rd of March 2008: Holy Week
Holy Week is a religious festival that starts with the first full moon of Spring. It commemorates the the final days and sacrifices of Christ up to his resurrection day. Usually, imagery relating to this stage of the New Testament are paraded thoughout the cities and towns all over Spain and some Hispanic countries.
- Malaga Spanish Film Festival. The most important Spanish Film festival. It takes place every year around the second week of March.
- 1st: St David's Day (Welsh: Dydd Gwyl Dewi), . Patron saint of Wales. Large parade in Cardiff.