Manhattan Beach is in the South Bay region of Los Angeles County in , Southern California, USA. With its expensive homes, fancy restaurants, and wealthy residents, Manhattan Beach is like Beverley Hills-by-the-sea.
5 Miles south of LAX. Take Interstate 105 and South on the 405 freeway. Exit Rosecrans or Inglewood Avenue or Artesia and head west.
Metro Green line last stop brings you the Marine Avenue Station.
Local buses have routes throughout Manhattan Beach.
Bicycle, skate, or walk along the Strand, Manhattan Beach's picturesque boardwalk which spans along the Pacific. Multimillion dollar homes, busy sand volleyball courts, and bike paths line the walk.
- Manhattan Beach Pier. Perhaps one of the more picturesque piers in the South Bay Area, second only to Santa Monica Pier in size.
- Manhattan Beach Grand Prix- The second oldest Pro-Am cycling race in America. Held during July or August.
- AVP Beach Volleyball Championship- Home of legendary beach volleyball tournament. Held in July/August
- The shops and boutiques along Manhattan Avenue, stretching down to the pier provide the best flavor of this upscale community.
- The Kettle. Located on Highland Avenue and Manhattan Beach Blvd. A 24hr diner with lots of local character.
- Shade 1221 N Valley Drive. 310.546.4995. Luxury spa hotel on the beach. $250-600. http://www.shadehotel.com/
- Holiday Inn Express, 900 N. Sepulveda Blvd., (310) 318-6132, .
- Manhattan Beach Marriott, 1400 Parkview Avenue, (310) 546-7511, Fax: (310) 546-7520, .
- Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, 1700 North Sepulveda Boulevard, (310) 421-3100, Fax: (310) 545-1327, .