| || |
* ''Tourist information'', ul.
Piastowska 15 (''at the ARS Gallery''), +48 55 2734990 (May-September) |+|
* ''Tourist information'', ul. (''at the ''), +48 55
| || |
Revision as of 22:00, 18 September 2011
Malbork  (German: Marienburg) is a town in Pomorskie voivodeship in Poland, famous for the biggest gothic castle in Europe.
- Tourist information, ul. Kościuszki 54 (at the Malbork Welcome Center), +48 55 6474747
- By train (trains from Warsaw to Gdańsk stops in Malbork). If travelling from Gdansk to Malbork, be aware that two separate trains may be connected from Gdansk to Tczew, where they are split up; one train continues to Malbork, and one continues elsewhere. Be sure you are in the front or back of the train as appropriate, or you may end up somewhere unintended.
- By car (60 km from Gdańsk, 30 km from Elbląg)
- By bus: PKS (+48 55 2723101) connections with Bydgoszcz, Elbląg, Gdańsk, Iława, Krynica Morska, Olsztyn, Płock, ...
Castle of the Virgin Mary . The ancient capital of the Teutonic Order, the largest Gothic fortress in Europe, on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Spiżarnia, Dworcowa, Malbork (Just few meters from the railway station under the old reservoir tower). Little themed pub combined wtith the greengrocery. Works only during the summer. You practicly sit outside, but it's covered.
- Hotel Zamek Malbork, Staroscinska 14, 82-200 Malbork, . The Zamek Hotel in Malbork is situated in the historic building of the former Teutonic hospital for lansquenets, within the premises of the biggest gothic castle in Europe.
- Chiltuś, Tczewska 15, 82-200 Malbork, ☎ +48 55 273 37 03, . There is a very nice place to stay in Tczewska 15, Malbork. Suitable prices, convenient location (few minutes walk from castle).
- Camping Nogat nr. 197 (OSiR Malbork), Parkowa 3, 82-200 Malbork, ☎ +48 55 272 24 13, . Best campsite in town. Offers places to strike tents, park a car or a mobile home. They also have a camping houses and a hotel. It's less than 1km walk along the Nogat river to the castle (map ).
Since their website is in Polish only, here's a short pricelist (prices are per night as of July 2009):
- Per person fee: 14,- Zł
- Small tent (up to 2 people): 8,- Zł
- Medium tent (up to 4 people): 14,- Zł
- Big tent (more than 4 people): 20,- Zł
- Car: 12,- Zł
- Van: 18,- Zł
- Dog: 8,- Zł
- Camping house (for 3 people with private bathroom): 150,- Zł (120,- Zł off season)