Revision as of 14:52, 25 July 2013
Malabar is a region in Kerala in India.
- taxiGUIDE.in (Bangalore to Wayanad), ☎ +91 888 023 4455 ([email protected]), . Inquiry: 7am to 11pm. Bangalore to Wayanad Car Rentals on taxiGUIDE.in (Note: You can also book a cab to Wayanad from Calicut and Mangalore on taxiGUIDE.in) Fares starting Rs.6400 for a 3 day trip.
- Theyyam Folk Dance and Rituals - Malabar is known for "Theyyam" the folk dance. The word Theyyam means "God". This is part of "Kavu" festivals. Kavu are essentially Dravidian worship centers, which are different from Vedic Temples. While till late 1930s, lower caste members were not allowed in Hindu Temples, in almost all "Kavu", lower caste members perform as "Gods". Most of the "Kavu"s allow visitors from all communities. Kavu Festivals are celebrated from the end of December to April. Especially during February and March.
- Visit Wayanad which is a famous Hill Resorts in North Kerala. Wayanad is the name of a District. There are many famous Travel Spots in Wayanad. Wayanad is known for its spices, waterfalls and Wildlife.
- Travelers can visit some of the famous Beaches of Malabar. Bekal Beach in Kasargod, Payyambalam Beach in Kannur, Muzhappilangad Beach and Dharmadam Island which are located in Thalassery in Kannur District, Beypore Beach which is in Kozhikkode, Kappad Beach in Kozhikkode are famous beaches in Malabar.
- Bekal Fort in Kasargod District, St. Angelo Fort in Kannur, Thalassery Fort, Palakkad Fort are famous Forts in Malabar.
- There is a Watertheme park at Parassinikkadavu in Kannur District. This is 21 Km from Kannur and 155 km from Mangalore. Web - http://www.vismayakerala.com , Address : Parassinikadavu, Kannur-670563, Kerala, Phone - 0497- 2782850, Email - [email protected]
- Dental Tourism Destination, One of the Biggest Dental Hospital for Dental Tourism is situated here. Visit www.exodusdental.com to know more
Malabar cuisine, which is one of the most tastiest varieties of Kerala cuisine, is distinguished by its style of preparation and unique recipes. A blend of influences from Arab, Brahmin, Zamorin, and Chirakkal cultures give Malabar a full range of vegetarian options as well as a wide variety of non-vegetarian options, particularly with poultry, mutton, and lamb. To accompany, there are a number of distinctive rice preparations, rice breads, and flatbreads. Malabar also has an unusually bountiful selection of traditional snack options. The extreme north of Malabar has a lot of Konkani influence, with distinctive recipes focusing more on seafood.
- Dum biryani - One of Malabar's most distinctive specialties.
- Malabar paratha - The local variant of the unleavened flatbread is especially fluffy and soft.
- Pathiri - A type of rice bread.
- Rice - Popular preparations include ghee rice, saffron rice, and fried rice.
However today most of the style varities are available through out Kerala and though unique food specialties needed to be tasted at its own place.
- Ann's Homestay (Wayanad Homestay), Co-Operative Press Road,Sulthan Bathery, Wayanad, Kerala, ([email protected]), . Rs.1500/-.
- WayanadHome Budget Resorts (WayanadHome Resorts), ChettiMoola,Sulthan Bathery, Wayanad, Kerala, ([email protected]), .
- MistyMount Resorts (WayanadHome Budget Resorts), Payyampally, Kartikulam, Near Mananthavadi, Wayanad, Kerala, ([email protected]), .
- The Pearlview Regency (Hotel in Thalassery), Near Koduvalli, Thalassery, Kerala., ([email protected]), .