Luster is a village in Sogn og Fjordane county. Luster is at the end of the 204 km (127 mi) long Sognefjord. Luster is surounded by high mountains.
There is a small airport in Sogndal. The nearest airport with international flights is Bergen airport.
Seven times daily from Sogndal. Buses twice daily from Lom, Jul,Aug.
Luster is on route 55 between Lom and Sogndal.
- Feigumfossen, Skjolden, ☎ +47 97600443 ([email protected]). A 218 m (720 ft) high waterfall. The waterfall can seen from route 55. A path let you take a closer look.
- Romantic Road, (Starts in Skjolden ends in Urnes). The 30 km scenic road along the southside of the fjord. The road are narrow with several curves, so drive slowly. From Urnes you can take the ferry to Solvorn. This is a nice alternative to route 55. Free.
- Urnes Stavkyrkje (Urnes Stave Church), Urnes (3o km (19 mi) from Skjolden on route 55, or with ferry from Solvorn.), ☎ +47 57678840 ([email protected], fax: +47 57678889). 1 Jun-31 Aug: 10.30AM-5.30PM. The oldest stave church in Norway, built around 1130 AD. Included on UNESCO World Heritage List. Adults: kr 50, Students: kr 35, Children: kr 35.
- Cykling, Nørstedalseter, ☎ +47 95076382 ([email protected]). 26 Jun-13 Sep: 8AM-11PM. Cykle the 32 km (20 mi) long downhill from the mountain down to the fjord. Those with strong legmuscles can cykle up again (and save kr 80). Cyklehire: kr 120, Drop of Cykle by the fjord: kr 80.
- Hiking, ☎ +47 97600443. Hiking in Jotunheimen.
- Moreld Sea Kayak, Kroken, ☎ +47 40467100 ([email protected]), . Kayaking tours to Feigumfossen waterfall and Urnes Stave Church. Longer tours also available. kr 450-750.
- Husflidsbua, Skjolden, ☎ +47 57686106. Arts and traditional crafts.
- Solstrand Fjordhytter, Luster, ☎ +47 95221641 ([email protected]), . Cabins with view of the fjord.
- Skjolden Hotel, Skjolden, ☎ +47 57682380 (skjo[email protected], fax: +47 57682381), . Double room: kr 990-1090.
- Turtagrø Hotel, Fortun, ☎ +47 57680800/ 99279050 ([email protected], fax: +47 57680801), .
- Tørvis Fjordhotell, Marifjøra, ☎ +47 57683500 ([email protected]), . Double room: kr 1590.
Route 55 to Lom is a scenic road. It is the highest mountainpass in Norway at 1434 m (4705 ft). Closed during the winter (Nov-May).