| || |
| || |
Los Osos  is an unincorporated community located in San Luis Obispo County. The community is combined with Baywood Park.
Los Osos means "The Bears" in Spanish. Despite the name, no bears have been seen in this area for over 100 years so there is no need to worry about encountering one in the countryside.
There are only two roads in or out of Los Osos, South Bay Boulevard and Los Osos Valley Road.
The nearest airport is the San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, with flights to San Francisco, Los Angeles and Phoenix. 
Train service is provided by Amtrak, through their station in San Luis Obispo.
You will need a car to get to the sights if you are staying in Los Osos and visiting SLO, Morro Bay or Montaña de Oro.
Intercity transit is provided by the Regional Transit Authority. The route travels between Los Osos, Morro Bay and San Luis Obispo
WWTP - Los Osos has a fancy new 165-million-dollar wastewater treatment plant, which after 30 years of intense public debate was finally built. This is a great source of civic pride in Los Osos.
Midtown Park - This was supposed to be the site of the sewer plant, but it ended up being moved and a large greenspace park has been built in the center of town.
- Montana de Oro State Park, 3550 Pechco Valley Road, Los Osos (Take Pechco Valley Road to the end), ☎ +1 805 528-0513, . This 8,000 acre park has miles of hiking trails, ocean fishing, a beautiful cove, and 50 primitive camping sites (i.e. vault toilets and water from tanks). Located about 6 mi (9 km) southwest of Morro Bay. edit
- Los Osos Oaks State Reserve, Los Osos Valley Road between Palomino Dr. and Lariat Dr. (Just east of town), ☎ -1 805 772-7434, . Daylight hours. This 90 acre (0.5 km2) preserve protects a grove of 800-year-old coast live oaks. A 1.5 mi (2.4 km) trail leads through the preserve. Poison oak is found in abudnace so leaving the trail is not recommended. There are no picnic or restroom facilities in the Preserve. Free. edit
- Hike the Elfin Forest, a 90 acre natural area containing many plants and animals. A 4/5 mile boardwalk provides access for everyone, while protecting the fragile habitat. 
- Farmers' Market, Santa Maria Avenue (between 2nd & 3rd). M 2PM-5PM. Local produce and flowers. edit
- O'Steeni's Italian Food, 2062 10th St, +1 805 528-8646.
- Rodney's Restaurant, 1315 Second Street, +1 805 528-0459.
near farmer's market is "Brig-a-Dune" Pizza Yum!!!!!!
- Noi's Little Thai Takeout
- Back Bay Inn, 1391 Second Street, +1 805 528-1233, . A 13 rooms oceanfront waterfront lodge on Morro Bay. All rooms waterfront and are only 50' from the waters edge.
San Luis Obispo to the south-east and Morro Bay to the north.