North London is that part of London which is north of Central London and hence north of the River Thames. It comprises several quite distinct areas:
Crouch End is in London.
- Tricky as there is no tube to Crouch End
- You can take a bus number 91 from Trafalgar Sq. But it takes almost an hour (off peak).
- Alternatively you can go by tube to Archway and take a connection with bus number 41 to Crouch End. Or a Victoria Line/Picadilly Line train to Finsbury Park, and then the W7 bus will also take you there.
- There is also a W5 local bus which runs from Sainsbury's on Green Lanes and terminates at the YMCA just down from Crouch End Broadway.
The Kings Head pub has a good comedy night downstairs most nights. The Railway Pub has just been taken over by new management and the whole pub has been renevated.
There are plenty of good quality restaurants in Crouch End to choose from.
O's Thai Cafe - good quality reasonably priced Thai food. Buzzy atmosphere.
Florians - A Crouch End favourite. French bistro style.
The Kings Head - Recently redeveloped pub. Trendy crowd, with comedy on a Monday night.
Banners - Global food, good vegetarian options but hard to get into on a weekend.
- La Bota, 31 Broadway Parade, London N8 9DB, ☎ 020 8340 3082. Spanish Tapas Restaurant, very popular
||This article is a disambiguation page. If you arrived here by following a link from another page you can help by correcting it, so that it points to the appropriate disambiguated page.