Llanberis  is in North Wales, 7 miles away from Caernarfon.
Llanberis is easily reachable by bus. Sherpa busses (prefixed S) from Betws-y-Coed is the most reliable possibility, but Sherpa bus from Porthmadog or local busses from Caernarfon are other alternatives.
Bangor is the closest station to Llanberis. Hiring a cab from there costs around 20£. Caernarfon is closer, but the only train to Caernarfon is the narrow-gauge heritage railway Welsh Highland Railway from Porthmadog - and if in Porthmadog it is easier to catch a direct bus to Llanberis.
On foot easily. You may also want to take a ride on Llanberis Lake Railway  (£6.00)
- Dolbadarn castle ruins  - one of the finest of the Welsh castles
- Hike up Snowdon  or take Snowdonia Mountain Railway  to the summit and walk back down.
- Visit the Electric Mountain , a tourist attraction built around Dinorwig Hydroelectric Powerstation. Built inside a mountain, Dinorwig's turbines are housed in the largest cavern in Europe. Good fun trip.
- Visit the Welsh Slate Museum and the Llanberis Lake Railway
- Enjoy Padarn Country Park and Padarn Walk, walking through the slate history.
- Llanberis Art and Craft a select choice of arts, crafts, souvenirs and Welsh confectionary and preserves. Full parking and disabled access.
- The Coffee Pot at Llanberis Art and Craft a wide choice of food from breakfasts to a variety of lunches and snacks. Ideally located for Snowdon Mountain Railway and the Electric Mountain. Full parking and disabled access.
- Pete's Eats (renowned climbers café), 40 High Street, Llanberis LL55 4EU, ☎ 01286 870 117, . 8am to 8pm (9pm in high summer). A mecca for walkers and climbers since 1978. Serves a wide range of food from traditional breakfasts to modern european dishes, all prepared fresh on the premises. The café also has a resource centre for climbers and walkers. filled baguette or baked potato from £3.30, main meals from £6.30, full breakfast £4.80.
There are several B&Bs and hotels in Llanberis.
- Lake View Hotel & Restaurant, Tan y Pant, Llanberis LL55 4EL, Gwynedd, Wales (just outside Llanberis on the A4086 road to Caernarfon), ☎ + 44 - (0)1286 - 870422, . checkin: 2.00 p.m.; checkout: 10.00 a.m. Rustic hotel & restaurant overlooking Lake Padarn outside Llanberis from £35.
Caernarfon - Bus number 88 goes directly to Caernarfon city center. Can be caught from Llanberis Maes Padarn