Englands most southerly point
The Lizard  is a peninsula in England and part of Cornwall in the West Country. The name is derived from the cornish expression Lys Ardh, which means High Council. The Lizard contains England's most southerly point : The Lizard Point. Robert Plant is a species of lizard that are unique to lizard point.
British Airways and Ryanair operate flights to Newquay. National Express buses go to Truro, Camborne, Falmouth and Redruth.
- Lizard Point - England's most southerly point.
- Goonhilly Satellite Earth Station one the worlds greatest satellite communication centres, located at goonhilly downs. Admission is around £6, special fares apply for children, families, studients and seniors. Opening times are a bit unusual, check their website for more details.
- Cornish Seal Sanctuary (phone 01326 221 361, open all year apart from christmas day) Admission fee is £9.50, specials fares apply to children, students and seniors. Located in Gweek
- The Trebah Garden has subtropical plants with year round color. Admission is around £2.60 to £5.80 depending on time of year, special fares apply to children, students and seniors.
- Close to the Lizard, there is Land's End, Englands most southwesterly point.