Little Cayman is one of three islands in the Cayman Islands. It is the least developed of and smallest of the Cayman Islands at 10 miles long and 1 mile wide (16.1km by 1.6km). It is one of the premier diving locations in the world with over 50 dive sites, some of which are considered to be among the best in the world.
Visitors must clear customs in Grand Cayman.
- Edward Bodden Airfield (IATA: MWCL), Phone: 345-948-0021. A 3000 ft (914 m) barely paved runway.
- Most boats are docked on the south side of the island.
- Providing air service between the three islands' airports is:
- Cayman Airways, Phone: 345-949-2311, .
- Red-Footed Booby Bird Nature Reserve, Blossom Village, Phone: 345-948-1010, Fax: 345-948-1011. A UNESCO-designated Nature Reserve site of over 200 acres for Red-footed Booby birds, it has the largest colony in the Western hemisphere. Also Frigate birds, Egrets, Herons, West Indian Whistling Ducks, and Black-necked Stilts.
- Owen Island is an uninhabited island located about 200 yards off the South Town shore. Kayakers, rowers or strong swimmers can enjoy it's deserted shores.
- Point o' Sand Beach on the eastern end of the island has views of Cayman Brac.
- Diving is the main attraction.
- Beach activities.
- Mermaid's Boutique Sells clothing, jewelry, sundries, etc. Located at Little Cayman Beach Resort.
- Village Square Market The only store in Little Cayman. Sells groceries, lumber, fishing supplies, etc.
- Hungry Iguana Restaurant, at Paradise Villas, Phone: 345-948-0007, Fax: 345-948-0009, .
- Birds of Paradise Restaurant, at Little Cayman Beach Resort
- Sam McCoy's Diving & Fishing Lodge, North Side, Phone: 345-948-0026, Toll free: 800-626-0496, Fax: 345-948-0057, ]. The locally-owned resort. Bar, pool, all inclusive. $150-$250.
- Little Cayman Beach Resort, Blossom Village, Phone: 345-948-1033, Toll free: 800-327-3835, Fax: 345-948-1040, . The largest and most crowded resort on the island. $250-$350.
- Southern Cross Club, South Hole Sound, Phone: 345-948-1099, Toll free: 800-899-2582, Fax: 317-636-9503, ]. Duplex cottages, nine rooms and 3 suites on outstanding beach. Package including meals. No TV. $250 - $300
- Pirates Point Resort, Pirates Point Resort, Phone: 345-948-1010, from US and Canada dial direct 1-345-948-1010 (e-mail: [email protected]), . The best food by Little Cayman's only award winning chef. 11 rooms in cottages. 4 of the 11 rooms are oceanfront with ceiling fans/floor fans and porches on the oceanside. 5 of the 11 rooms are set back from the oceanfront and have airconditioning. One of the rooms is designated for Singles only. $350+
- Paradise Villas, ☎ 1-877-322-9626, . 6 duplex style villas, 12 units, all oceanfront, restaurant, bar, and pool.
- Medical service is provided by a clinic staffed by a full-time nurse. Doctors visit weekly from Cayman Brac.