Lidingö is an island-suburb east of Stockholm in Sweden, at the innermost part of the Stockholm archipelago.
Lidingö is a municipality with about 45,000 inhabitants, with a land area of 30 square kilometers, consisting of the main island Lidingö, and some minor islands. Lidingö contains suburban areas with high-rise buildings as well as single-family houses and a nature reserve.
Lidingö is connected to Stockholm by two parallel bridges at Ropsten, the end station of the subway in the Östermalm district. The light rail Lidingöbanan, as well as buses, carry on to Lidingö. Just as inner Stockholm, Lidingö is in the inner public transport zone.
Lidingö is well within reach for bicycles from central Stockholm, with stands for Stockholm City Bikes. 
Sjövägen is a public transport ferry from Nybrokajen in central Stockholm, passing Nacka on the way to Lidingö. 
Most of Lidingö is easily accessed by public transport, car, walk and bicycle.
Timetables for the public transport on SL.se 
You can rent the Stockholm City Bikes  at three locations at Lidingö: Stadshuset, Baggeby and Torsvik.
Lidingö has a lot of naturereservs and beautiful scenery. Lidingö was also the home of Carl Milles, Raoul Wallenberg and Gustaf Dalén.
- Millesgården, Herserudsvägen 32 (on Lidingö, T Ropsten and then the Lidingöbanan train to Baggeby or buses to Torsvik), +46 8 446 75 90, Open M-Su 11:00-17:00 15 May-30 Sep, Tu-Su 12:00-17:00 1 Oct-14 May. In the former residence and studio of the famous sculptor Carl Milles, his own work is showcased alongside contemporary Swedish and international artists. A new extension was recently built for temporary exhibitions. Adult admission 80 SEK.
- Bosön , the Swedish Sports Confederation's center for training. Several world-famous athletes work out here.
- Fjäderholmarna  is a group of small islands, separate from the main islands, reached by ferry from Stockholm.
- Lidingö kyrka , the 16th century town church, beatifully situated at a waterfront hill. The cemetery contains graves of prominent Swedes, such as Nobel laureates Gustaf Dalén and Pär Lagerkvist.
- Långängens Gård  Nowadays this nature reserve is the home of a café/restaurant surrounded by spectacular nature and walking trails. But the area around here dates back to Viking times. Just northwest of the farm´s buildings is a grave field where Viking Age residents were buried.
- There are also a lot of public art at Lidingö. Come and get your map (Cykel- och Fritidskartan) at Stadshuset, Stockholmsvägen 50, Lidingö.
Lidingö is iften described as the green island. There are a lot of hiking and cycling trails, beaches, big meadows and even a farm.
- Hiking and cycling all across the island.There are 6 culturewalks across the island. Mpas and information about them are found here: 
- Fågelöudde, a beach, most frequented by families.
- Kottlasjön, a lake for bathing in the summer, and ice-skating in the winter.
- Ekholmsnäs , a semi-artificial hill, a downhill ski slope, with equipment rental. With artificial snow, it keeps open as long as temperatures are below zero. Great view. Mountainbiking during warm seasons.
- Lidingö Golfklubb , an 18-hole golf course. The area is open for hiking during summer, and cross-country skiing during winter.
- Ekholmsnäs Golf , a 9-hole golf course, upwards the Ekholmsnäs hill.
- Lidingöloppet  the world's largest cross-country running race. Held annually in September, with approx. 45,000 participants. One of four legs of the Swedish Classic Circuit. 
- Fishing anywhere on the Island (except Kottlasjön).
- Elfviks Gård  Here you can meet horses, pigs, cats, dogs, rabbits, chickens, cows and sheep. There are also several boutiques with local products and during summer there is a small café.
- Jernet, a diner in Lidingö Centrum.
- Konditori Princess, a Swedish-style café.
- Restaurag Bryggan  at Gåshaga Marina
Lidingö has a cluster of conference centers, most of them on the Elfvik peninsula. Their name is Destination Lidingö . Many of them also cater to travellers.
The list below show all accomodations on the island:
- Rönneberga  a conference hotel, open as a self-service hostel during summer.
- Ariston Hotel  in central Lidingö.
- Bosön  in an athletic environment.
- Scandic Foresta near Millesgården. Great view of the Stockholm harbor.
- Alfa Hotel  close to the city center.
- Lidingö Hotell & Konferens  in a calm suburban neighborhood.
- Best Western Villa Söderås, a rural waterfront hotel, 12 kilometers from downtown Stockholm. 
- Södergarn  In a rural area 15 minutes from Stockholm city center.
- Villa Brevik  A hotell inspired by South Africa.
- Blue Hotel , with view of the archipelago, and a Turkish hamam spa.
- Högberga gård , a high-class conference hotel at the southern waterfront.
- Gåshaga Sealodge , at the dock to the archipelago.
- Yasuragi Hasseludden  A Japanese Spa
A lot of boats out in the Stockholm archipelago departs from Gåshaga brygga, the end station of Lidingöbanan.
- Vaxholmsbolaget 
- Cinderellabåtarna 
- Blidösundsbolaget