Earth : Europe : Scandinavia : Sweden : Svealand : Stockholm : Lidingö
Lidingö is an island-suburb east of Stockholm in Sweden.
Lidingö is a municipality with about 45,000 inhabitants, consisting of the main island Lidingö, and some minor islands. Lidingö contains suburban areas, a nature reserve, and an array of conference centers on the Elfvik peninsula.
From subway station Ropsten, the light rail Lidingöbanan, as well as buses, serve Lidingö.
Sjövägen is a public transport ferry from Nybrokajen in downtown Stockholm, as well as Nacka. 
Most of Lidingö is easily accessed by bicycle or car.
- Millesgården, Herserudsvägen 32 (on Lidingö, T Ropsten and then the Lidingöbanan train to Baggeby or buses to Torsvik), +46 8 446 75 90, . Open M-Su 11AM-5PM 15 May-30 Sep, Tu-Su noon-5PM 1 Oct-14 May. In the former residence and studio of the famous sculptor Carl Milles, his own work is showcased alongside contemporary Swedish and international artists. A new extension was recently built for temporary exhibitions. Adult admission 80SEK.
- Bosön, a sports complex.
- Fjäderholmarna is a group of small islands, separate from the main islands, reached by ferry from Stockholm.
- Hiking and cycling all across the island.
- Fågelöudde, a beach, most frequented by families.
- Ekholmsnäs, a semi-artificial hill, a downhill ski slope, with equipment rental. With artificial snow, it keeps open as long as temperatures are below zero. Great view. Mountainbiking during warm seasons.
- Ekholmsnäs Golf, a 9-hole golf course, upwards the Ekholmsnäs hill.
- Lidingöloppet, Cross-country running race held in September annually, part of the Swedish Classic circuit. 
- Jernet, a classic diner in Lidingö Centrum.
- Rönneberga  a conference hotel, open as a self-service hostel during summer.
- Tre Systrar , a B&B mansion in a quiet suburban neighborhood.
- Bosön  in an athletic environment.
- Scandic Foresta near Millesgården. Great view of the Stockholm harbor.
- Best Western Söderås, a rural waterfront hotel, 12 kilometers from downtown Stockholm. 
- Blue Hotel, with view of the archipelago, and a Turkish hamam spa.