Lebanon  is a city in Southwest Ohio.
From Interstate 75 take exit 29, then drive eastward on OH-63, then follow US-42 into Lebanon. Alternatively, if you're taking I-71 get off at exit 28, follow OH-48 north for about 3.4 miles, take the OH-123 exit ramp and drive westward into Lebanon.
- Warren County Historical Society Museum, 105 S. Broadway, (513) 932-1817, . Acclaimed as one of the nation's top county museums. The museum preserves the largest display of Shaker artifacts in the country. Paleontology and archeology exhibits are also featured, as well as the popular Village Green Exhibit where antiques are displayed in re-created store fronts for unique viewing. Don't forget about The Rocking Horse, the museum gift shop which features candles, pewter, herbs, Shaker reproductions, and much more.
- Lebanon Mason Monroe Railroad, 198 S. Broadway, (513) 933-8022, . Take a nostalgic train ride through the scenic Warren County countryside. Experience unique family fun with themed rides such as the Easter Bunny Express, North Pole Express, and rides with favorite children's characters including Thomas the Tank Engine an Clifford the Big Red Dog.
- Start Skydiving, 2460 Greentree Road (513) 934-3483, . Channel your inner-daredevil at Start Skydiving in Lebanon with a tandem skydive with one of the most experience skydiving teams in the country. Breath-taking has a whole new meaning as you fly like a bird in 30 to 50 seconds of freefall, anywhere from 10,000 to 13,000 feet from above the earth. Then capture picturesque views of the area as you descend with the tandem instructor pointing out landmarks as far away as Cincinnati.
- Gentle Breeze Hot Air Balloon Company, (513) 932-9007, . Get a bird's eye view of the world below on a breathtaking hot air balloon ride (weather sensitive).
- Get Fit, Countryside YMCA is one of the largest in the country, with 2 indoor pools, a large weight facility, three basketball courts, and a game room. Also, there are many scenic bike trails around the town.
Music and Theater
- Lebanon Theatre Company, 120 E. South Street, (513) 228-0932, . Professional local shows offer an "off the beaten path" theater experience with a visit to the LTC, which was voted one of Ohio's "Local Secrets, Big Finds" by Travelocity members.
- Lebanon Symphony Orchestra and Chorus, (513) 228-0346, . From The Beatles to Beethoven, the LSOC has been providing Warren County with standing ovation perormances for over 16 years.
- Shaker Run Golf Club, 4361 Greentree Road, (800) 721-0007, . Ranked one of the top 100 public courses in the country by Golf Digest. An Arthur Hills design, Shaker Run features Bentgrass tees, fairways, and greens. Its breathtaking views are unmatched in the area. Come play a course that hosted the U.S. Amateur Public Links Championship in 2005.
- Lebanon Raceway, 665 N. Broadway, (513) 932-4936, . Run, Baby, Run! Enjoy thrilling action with harness and simulcast horse racing.
- Historic Lebanon Horse-Drawn Carriage Parade & Christmas Festival, (513) 932-1100. Historic buildings are the perfect backdrop for this popular and growing event. Lebanon's Christmas parade has even been featured on Martha Stewart's television show. More than 100 horse-drawn antique carriages parade through the streets pulled by Clydesdales, miniature horses, and many other horse breeds.
- Lebanon Apple Festival In the fall on Main Street. Tasty baked goods, local arts and crafts, fun atmosphere.
- Lebanon Blues and BBQ Festival In the summer on Main Street. Great live music, local goods for sale.
- Fella Bella Shoppe, 28 S. Broadway, (513) 932-9936, . In business for over 60 years, Fella Bella Shoppe is a specialty store for infants and children. They offer girls clothing from size preemie to 16 and boys from preemie to 7. They also carry a wide variety of quality gifts – treasures for a lifetime.
- Golden Turtle Chocolate Factory, 120 S. Broadway, (513) 345-1994, . Premium chocolatier in downtown Lebanon featuring almond toffee, Texas Tortoise, cream-filled chocolates, and other assorted chocolate offerings. Check out their website for store hours and a complete online catalog.
- Aretz Designs, 40 W. Mulberry, (800) 860-3661, .
- Bead Circus, 15 Cincinnati Avenue, Ste. #5, (513) 932-3084, .
- Beneath the Tree, 9 S. Broadway, (513) 934-5555.
- Cabins to Castles, 107 E. Mulberry Street, (513) 932-8797, .
- Exotic Arts and Antiques, 34 S. Broadway, (513) 932-1317, .
- Liberty Western, 727 Cincinnati Avenue, (513) 933-0900, .
- Marvin's Organic Gardens, 3989 U.S. Rt. 42, (513) 398-5753, .
- The Open Hearth, 27 N. Broadway, (513) 932-5599, .
- The Golden Lamb Inn & Restaurant, 27 S. Broadway, (513) 932-5065, . The Golden Lamb is recognized as being the oldest hotel in the state of Ohio. Its signature culinary offering is of course its Leg of Lamb with Mint Jelly. Try its many other diverse selections ranging from Indiana Duckling to Tuscan Meatloaf. The Golden Lamb does offer a variety of food which differs between its alternating menus throughout the week. You can also enjoy your meal family style for traditional style.
- Village Ice Cream Parlor & Restaurant, 22 S. Broadway, (513) 932-6918, . Historic old-fashioned ice cream parlor and soda fountain. Share in the history by visiting the shop's hall-of-fame. Two movies, Harper Valley PTA (1977) and Milk Money (1993), shot scenes inside the Village. Food offerings include everything from healthy soups and salads to decadent hot fudge sundaes.
- The Breakfast Club Cafe, 102 N. Broadway, (513) 932-0210, . The Breakfast Club Cafe is in the heart of downtown Lebanon. The Breakfast Club's staples are its freshly roasted coffees, made-to-order foods, and uncompromising service. Try breakfast favorites like Buttermilk Pancakes and the "Viva Mexican" omelet or enjoy lunch with a Half-Pound Burger or Baguette Sandwich. Hours are Monday-Sunday, 7:00am to 3:00pm.
- Brotzeit Deli, 30 East Mulberry Street, (513) 282-6500, . You can spice up your trip by visiting the new Brotzeit Deli for a taste of authentic German cuisine. Its menu features some of the best bratwurst, liverwurst, and Rubens around.
- The Houston Inn, 4026 U.S. 42, (513) 398-7377, . Serving top quality food and spirits for nearly 40 years. The Houston Inn has two house specials worthy of trying--it's famous Deep-Fried Frog Legs and its African Lobster Tail.
- Big D's 12 W. Mulberry Street, (513) 932-9939.
- Gourmet on Broadway 30 N. Broadway, (513) 933-8377. Serving Mediterranean Foods like Chicken Curry and Pasta Salad. Excellent flavored Iced Tea's and hot meals, as well. The baked goods are fantastic, and the service is always friendly.
Coffee & Tea
- Cool Bean Coffee Co., 760 Columbus Avenue, (513) 470-1092, . A unique drive through set up. Very fast, very good!
- Full Cup Cafe, 731 Columbus Avenue, 513-932-5534. The coffee is excellent. Atmosphere is comfortable and allows customers to relax and enjoy themselves. Offers a great selection of flavors and drinks: lattes, frappes, jet teas, teas, coffees, juices, and sweetened and non-sweetened teas. Great food as well. A must-stop-by. No longer open due to financial instability**
- Galleries Cafe, South Broadway right by the Train Station. A wonderful, laid-back atmosphere and excellent lattes! The store also sells local art and keepsakes.
Wine & Beer
- The Village Wine Cellars, 48 E. Mulberry Street,(513) 932-5355.
- Best Cafe Sports Pub, 17 E. Mulberry Street, (513) 228-2300.
- The Pub, 915 N. Broadway, (513) 932-4104.
- Golden Lamb Inn 27 S. Broadway, (513) 932-5065, . Overnight accommodations at The Golden Lamb Inn all have antique furnishings, private bath, television, air conditioning and telephone and are named after a famous guest of the Inn. Stay at this local landmark and share in its history of famous visitors including Charles Dickens and 12 U.S. Presidents.
- Countryside Inn, 3802 Dry Run Road, (513) 494-1001, . A family owned and operated property, Countryside Inn is conveniently located to Kings Island, The Beach Water park, famous antique shopping areas and 25 minutes from the Cincinnati Zoo, Reds baseball, and other places of interest.
- Shaker Inn 600 Cincinnati Avenue, (800) 752-6151, . A cozy, informal setting, Shaker Inn is located just outside historic Lebanon, Ohio. Close to Main Street, you have easy access to annual events, antique shops, restaurants and terrific area attractions. Every room is air conditioned with a refridgerator and cable television. During the summer months, enjoy their sparkling pool. Call about their discount tickets to Kings Island.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!