An April 2006 Magazine article by MoneySense magazine rated Leamington as the 'BEST PLACE TO LIVE" - a short quote follows ...
So, after all this figuring, what city topped our list? What's the absolutely best place to live in Canada? (Drum roll, please.)
It's Leamington, Ont., a city of 30,000 people on the shores of Lake Erie, just south of Windsor. If you don't know much about this tiny gem, don't worry. It is, in the words of its mayor, a well-kept secret. But this city, known mainly for its tomato-growing prowess, is now officially our choice as Canada's No. 1 place to live.
Leamington's virtues include mild weather and a low unemployment rate. Its scores for household income and population growth are in the top 25% of all communities. Its sole weakness is a relatively small percentage of people who walk to work, but its reliance on the automobile didn't prevent Leamington from claiming first place." End of quote to see entire article and so see HOW leamington beat some VERY BIG names - just Google 'best place to live in Canada'
Leamington borders Point Pelee National Park and Lake Erie. The climate is milder than cities further north like Toronto.
The MV Jiimaan, . The largest passenger ferry along the Lake Erie route to Pelee Island, to the foot of Jackson St., Sandusky, Ohio. From Leamington, Canada, Kingsville Govt. Dock, Ontario, Canada and Pelee Island, Ontario, Canada.
- Leamington Marina 249 Sherk St. Loran Coordinates: North 420 100/West 823 600 +1 519 326-0834
Leamington Airport, CLM2, is located 2.5 nautical miles (5 km) east of Leamington.
If arriving by ferry, some rental agencies will pick you up and deliver you to the dock. Ask first.
- Enterprise Rent a Car 215 Talbot St. W. +1 519-322-2600 
- Leamington Transit A micro coach that services the town. Regular routes Monday to Saturday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Stopping at major areas of Leamington. Including the Leamington District Memorial Hospital, Leamington Library, high schools, cultural wedding halls, police/fire station, public information booth, Leamington Kinsmen Recreation Complex and the town hall.
- Art & Craft Show May 30 - June1 Arts and Crafts!
- Mexican Fiesta June 6-8 Mexican Fiesta and Kids Fishing weekend
- GLCC June 13-15 Great Lakes Rendezvous - GLCC
- Taste of Leamington June 20-22 Tastes of Leamington
- Strawberry Festival June 27-29 STRAWBERRIES!!!
- Grape & Art Jamboree July 4-6 Grape and Art JAMboree!
- Get down to Motown. July 11-13 Get down to Motown
- Old Tyme Trolley Wine Tour July 18-20 Wine Tour at local wineries with the Old Tyme Trolley
- Corn Roast Wknd. July 25-27 Corn Roast and Stern in Movie Weekend!
- Mardi Gras Wkend. Aug.1-3 It's Mardi Gras Time!
- Pirates Cove Aug. 8-10 Pirates Cove
- Tomato Festival Wknd Aug 15-17 Tomato Festival Weekend!
- Blackbeards Revenge August 22-24 Blackbeards Revenge Weekend!
- Labor Day Wknd Aug 29 - Sept. 1 Labour Day Wine and Cheese
- Big 10 & Int. Wine Fest. Sept 4-7 2 Big Parties on 1 Big Weekend. Big Ten at the Marina & The International Wine Festival in Amherstburg.
- Point Pelee National Park of Canada 1118 Pointe Pelee Dr. 407 Monarch Lane. +1 519-322-2365 
- The Pelee Passage area of Lake Erie has the highest density of shipwrecks in all the Great Lakes due to treacherous reefs, sudden storms and heavy ship traffic. Shipwrecks of the Pelee Passage are unique time capsules. Approx. 40/75 feet under water are many remarkable archeolgical treaasures, that are largely undiscovered.
- Pelee Wings Nature Store and Kayak Shop 636 Point Pelee Dr. +1 519-326-5193  A must see and visit for birders and naturalists, kayakers and canoeists.
- The Dock, 500 Erie St. S., +1 519 325-1313.
- Flamingo, 319 Erie St. S., +1 519 326-0999.
- Jack’s, 24 Main St. W., +1 519 733-6900.
- Jose’s Noodle Factory, 221 Talbot St. W. +1 519 322-0182.
- Pelee Days Inn, 566 Bevel Line +1 519 326-8646.
- Rosabelle’s Restaurant, 1727 Division.
- Seacliffe Inn, 388 Erie St. S., +1 519 324-9266.
- Sherman’s Station 119 Erie St. N., +1 519 326-6745.
- Waterfront Bar & Grill, 5 Foster St., +1 519 322-4865.
- Zeller’s Restaurant, 250 Erie St. S., +1 519 326-2694.
Fish & Seafood
- Joey’s Only 245 Talbot St. W. +1 519 322-2660
- Paula's Fish Place Restaurant 857 Point Pelee Dr. +1 519 326-1292 
- Spago Trattoria 22 Talbot St. W. +1 519-326-7080
- Comfort Inn Leamington 279 Erie St. S.. +1 519-326-9071 
- Pelee Days Inn 566 Bevel Line Rd. +1 519-326-8646 
- Ramada 201 Erie St. N. +1 519-325-0260 
Bed & Breakfast
- Almost Heaven Bed and Breakfast 1940 Deer Run Road, +1 519-322-4474 
- Bittersuite Bed and Breakfast 11 Albert St. +1 519 322-5820
- By The Marina B&B 19 Cheyene Court. +1 519 326-8908 
- The Cottage at Seacliff Beach B & B 54 Forest Ave. +1 519 326-9972
- Erie Shores Bed & Breakfast 280 Robson Rd, +1 519-326-2936 
- Marlborough House Bed & Breakfast 49 Marlborough St. W. +1 519-322-3953 
- This Old House Bed and Breakfast 7005 County Rd 46. +1 519-687-3850 
- Campers Cove Campground 21097 Campers Cove Rd, Wheatley. +1 519-825-4732 
- Sturgeon Woods Campground and Marina 1129 Concession C. +1 519-326-1156 
- Leamington District Memorial Hospital 194 Talbot St. W., +1 519 326-2373
Wireless Internet at the Marina. Free.
- Kingsville 5 miles west.
- Pelee Island
- Visit Ohio, Sandusky and Cedar Point, by ferry.
- Windsor 53km/33 mi NW
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|