This Las Vegas is a town in New Mexico in the United States of America. It is (definitely!) not to be confused with the far larger and better known major city of the same name in Nevada.
Las Vegas is about 60 miles east of better-known Santa Fe, along Interstate highway 25. There is Amtrak 
rail service via the "Southwest Chief", the main Amtrak line across the southwestern United States. The nearest major airport is in Albuquerque, about 110 miles away.
Drive, walk, bike, do what comes easily. The town is small enough to have no need for public transportation.
- Las Vegas was an important waypoint on the Santa Fe Trail, and later on the railroad across the Southwest. There are a number of historic buildings in the downtown area, many placarded. Walk around and see what you see.
- Las Vegas National Wildlife Refuge  is just south of town and adjoins a larger state wildlife preserve. There are viewing platforms and a few short trails. Best visited in late fall and early spring, when migratory birds are passing through; winter can be bleak and summer hot, and the resident population of wildlife isn't as great as the number of seasonal transients.
- Blackjack's, on business I-25, 505-425-6791. Acceptable steaks, etc., for dinner 7 nights a week.
- Plaza Hotel . Enjoy the victorian atmosphere with elegant antiques and exquisite architecture. The amenities offered include the Landmark Grill, an in-house restaurant, the old west Byron T's Saloon, spa massage treatment, guest computer and wireless high-speed internet access, pet friendly rooms, room service, and free parking.
- Fort Union National Monument , about 30 miles east of Las Vegas via I-25, preserves the ruins of a major military installation along the Santa Fe Trail. There are interpretive exhibits and a 1.6-mile trail among the ruins. Day use, 7 days a week (closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years); $3 fee, Park Pass applies. There are no services near the monument.
- Historic Route 66 (the "original" version) passed just southwest of town. Check its itinerary page for ideas on things to do as you move on from Las Vegas to your next destination east or south.