Hispaniola : Dominican Republic : Eastern Cibao : Las Terrenas
Las Terrenas is a city in Samaná Province on the northeast coast of the Dominican Republic.
International flights go directly to Samana International Airport. From the airport to Las Terrenas, cab drivers will ask for $70 US dollars. Check with your hotel and see if you can get a better deal. The ride is a bit rough and takes about 45 mins.
Guagua routes exist from Santo Domingo (express guagua), Sanchez, and Samana. If you feel adventurous, you can also take a pickup truck or a motoconcho (with trailer) from Samana over the mountains.
The express guagua to and from Santo Domingo takes 2.5h if there is no traffic. Traveling with guaguas and ferry from Punta Cana to Las Terrenas will take about 8h, but is certainly possible within one day.
New taxi service in Las Terrenas area. Las Terrenas Taxi www.LasTerrenasTaxi.com offers pick up and drop off at all airports in the Dominican Republic.
Motorconchos or motortaxis The cheapest mode of transportation may be motoconchos. Going from downtown to Playa Bonita, about 4 km, cost about 50 pesos per person, and can take two passengers. In the evening, the price may go up. In 2010, at least, it seems that anyone with a motor bike can be a cab driver. So it's really easy to get a ride.
Guagua or collective taxis You can catch Guaguas in downtown and they can go a greater distance, ex. to the waterfall in El Limon.
Scooters or 4x4 You can rent a scooter for about $20 US per day or a 4x4 for about $55 US. Rentals can be arranged in most hotels but there are also rental locations in downtown Las Terranas. These modes of transportation seem most common for visitors. Locals use motorcyles or cars. Drivers will have to pay special attention to potholes especially at night or after rain. You can go to the waterfall in El Limón on a scooter. It takes about 45 mins.
- <eat name="Elugar" alt="E lugar" address="Calle Principal - Frente (in front of) Plaza Milano - Las Terrenas" directions="" phone="809-886-2645 & 829-276-1668" url="" hours="12-2pm Day, 8-11:30pm Night, 7pm-2am Cocktails" price="$40-$50+ PP" lat="" long="">
- Coson Beach Villa, Coson Playa,
 Bay of Coson, 7 kilometres from Las Terrenas
- Viva Wyndham Samana, Bahia de Coson, 809-240-5050, . Located on the northeast coast of the Dominican Republic. Closed for refurbishing until December 2009
- Casa Grande, @ Playa Bonita
- Casa Grande Beach Hotel, Playa Bonita, ☎ (00 1809) 240.63.49, . Simple rooms. Really good food. Pleasant environment.
- Casas del Mar Neptunia, 1 Avenida Emilio Prudhomme #1 | Samaná, Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic, . Located about 20m to the beach, in the less touristic part of the town. Rooms are clean, spacious, and functional. The estate is a beautiful oasis of plants and flowers. The staff is nice and helpful. Safes for storage of valuable items are available in the rooms free of cost.
- Nicki's Art & Surf Hostel, (Boulevard Turistico del Atlantico, Cano Seco, In front of a school called Colegio Alianza), ☎ 809-232-8844, . Nicki's Art & Surf Hostel is a fun & inspiring place to be. We're a zany hostel that offer lots of entertainment options in a friendly laid back environment. We host a variety of events such as dinner parties, art exhibits, club crawls, movie nights, and also offer games such as ping pong & darts. We love to share the best hidden secrets of Las Terrenas, including some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and know that you will leave with a positive, memorable experience! $5-$26.