Fast boats depart from the Muelle Turistico in Buenaventura (1h). Return fare is 70,000 COP (including 7,000 port tax) and the return is valid for 15 days. Reliable companies are Transporte Asturias or Bahia Mar. (09/18)
- Moto taxis take you from Juanchaco to Ladrilleros for 3,000 COP. During low tide you can go by taxi over the beach to La Barra for 15,000 COP. (09/18)
- Whale Watching : From mid july to september, whales travel from the cold waters of Patagonia to Ladrilleros in order to raise their baby whale. Tours do not last more than 30 mins in order not to disturb the whales. Boats leave frequently from the Muelle Turistico in Juanchaco (25,000 COP).
- Cascada La Sierpe : Two waterfalls inside the Malaga Bay. Accessible only by boat with a guide (25,000 COP).
- Mangrove Tour: About one hour boat ride through the mangroves until you reach two piscinas naturals where you can swim in the refreshing and sweet water (25,000 COP).
- Piscinas de agua naturales
- The Beach
- Surfing and body board
- Diving and snorkeling
- Beach stroll Walk along the beach until La Barra during low tide
Lunch and dinner offers are relatively expensive. For a fish or seafood menu calculate with about 15,000 COP.
Coco loco : local spirit called viche and served in a coco nut.
The town is safe. There s an airforce landing strip right between Juanchaco and Ladrilleros as well as a navy base in the bay of Malaga.