La Goulette is located on the beach just north of Tunis.
A taxi is 15 minutes from Tunis, 5 Dinar. There is a train station 200 meteres from centrum.
La Goulette is a port also for cruise ships.
Centre, Avenue Roosvelt at the right
- La Aquarius, Grilled fresh fish, Couscous, and steaks. Mains 12-15 Dinar.
- L'Avenir, 18, Avenue Roosvelt, tel: 71735758. Great food at reasonable prices, mains for 10-12 TD. Serves alcohol.
- La Sirene across from L'avenir. Good cheap fish. There is no menu; you choose a fish from the big marple counter at the next-door fishmonger, pay by weight, and add TD 2 to have it prepared. You can have a salad tunisienne while the chef prepare it on the big coal-fired grill. No alcohol. A whole meal can be less than TD 10.
- Mamie Lily just off Ave. Habib Bourguiba, on the street running from the Goulette Casino TGM stop. Delicious pan-Mediterranean food and cozy atmosphere at this small Tunisian-Jewish restaurant, open for dinner Saturday-Thursday. Mains around 15TD.
- La Jetee, tel: 216 71736000. Hotel at the beach. TD 70 per night.