| || |
*<buy name="Mande Haale" alt="Helmet or cap made of dried
arecabut leave" address="" directions="" phone="" url="" hours="" price="" lat="" long=""></buy> |+|
*<buy name="Mande Haale" alt="Helmet or cap made of dried leave" address="" directions="" phone="" url="" hours="" price="" lat="" long=""></buy>
| || |
|−|==Check out for== | |
|−|*<Madla: People use this to do ''chappara'' during functions earlier days and it is made by coconut tree leaves. Now a days everybody depending on ready made shamiyana. | |
|−|*<Gorbh: Farmers use this while going to paddy field during rain. 100% leak-proof and artistically made by dried leavs with bamboo. | |
| || |
Kundapur is one of the City in Udupi district, Karavali, known for its unique dialect of Kannada
Kundapura is ideally situated at the centre of Karnatakas coastal belt and gives vistors the possibility to easily explore the interesting and diverse surroundings. Due to its well organized local bus system Kundapura allows you to reach the Western Ghats, Karnatakas Hinterland and other lovely beach strips in no time. Further mobility is secured by the train station which has frequent trains to Bombay, Goa and Kerala.
The Western Ghats are Indias bio-diversity hot spot and a nice, chilly place in the hot, tropical souther part of the subcontinent. Astonishing wild life, beautiful tea and coffee plantations, unspoiled forests and a green, hilly landscape will make sure that your trip to this mountain range will become one of your favorites. The mild climate will ease your body and leave you non sweating but this region is much more than just relaxing. Trekking is a must for every sporty tourist and maybe you will find some hidden waterfall which invites you to take a refreshing shower.
Kundapura has some of the best bus services found in India, with neat, clean and luxurious buses plying every minute on the Kundpura-Udupi-Mangalore route (NH-17).Even A/C buses are available in this route. The Kundapura Bangalore route is services by a number of modern A/C Volvo and sleeper services.
The nearest airport is Mangalore, which has flights to Bombay and Bangalore and a recently started international flight to the Gulf.
The nearest railway station is Kundapura, which is almost 3 KM from the heart of the city(Main Bus stand).
Frequent bus service is available to Railway station. This railway station will connect Madgaon(GOA), Mumbai in north and Mangalore, Kannur, Thiruvananthapuram with the frequent train services.
In Kundapur one can see Sri Kundeshwara Temple from which the name "Kundapur" has came, Sri Venkataramana Temple which is famous as Padu Tirupathi and also Kote Hanumantha Temple which is coolest river shore temple.
- Kollur Mookambika temple is about 45 km from here.
- Maravanthe beach ..12 Kms from Kundapur.
- Turtle Beach .. 14 Kms from Kundapur By Sundeep S Kamath
- Kodi Beach 1 Kms from Kundapur:- By Sundeep S Kamath
- SRI Siddhi vinayaka Temple Kumbashi.. 3 km from Kundapur.
- SRI Hatti yangadi siddi vinayaka temple situated 5 km from kundpur.
- SRI Laxmi Venkatesha Temple one kilometer from Kundapur.
- Koteshwara Kotilingeshwara Temple, (5 km south of Kundapur on NH 17), .
- Visit Kodi beach. A very lovely beach with white sands and absolute privacy.
- Watch Yakshagana, . It is a popular local traditional theatrical art.
- Mande Haale (Helmet or cap made of dried palm tree leave).
- Hotel Parijatha- Near To Shenoy Park- Pure Veg.
- Hotel Sharon- Harshs Refreshments- Shastri Circle.- pure Veg
- ' Maiya Canteen- Pure veg By. Kamath
- Hotel JK- Good Food- Cool Non-veg Stuff.
- Hotel Shetty Lunch Home- For those who Love the munchhy Fish, Chicken Ghee Roaast, Ghee Rice Chicken, Silver fish fried in coconut oil ,sundeep kamath
- Gadbada Ice cream.
- charumuri (mundakki upkari).
- kotte kadabu (Rice Idli cooked inside green leaves cups).
- kane meenu (A kind of fish (called Lady Fish in other parts ) famous in kundapur, coocked as a masala fry or rava fry).
- Yelaneeru Boonda (Tender Coconut).
- Hane Kannu (Palm fruit).
- kabbina haalu (Sugar cane juice).
- Sharon International Hotel which is located at the division of the road one towards Kundapur old bus stand and the other towards Bhatkal. There is one more hotel diagonally opposite to Sharon. Prices are quite reasonable and the rooms clean.