| || |
===Flora and fauna===
===Flora and fauna===
Parts of the park are of limits parts of the year because of rare birds nesting in the area. There are usually signs put up but you might want to check in the center before you start
hikking in the area. |+|
Parts of the park are of limits parts of the year because of rare birds nesting in the area. There are usually signs put up but you might want to check in the center before you start in the area.
| || |
Revision as of 08:22, 2 August 2007
Kullaberg is in Scania of Sweden.
Kullaberg is a nature reserve in the Kullabygden region in Scania. It is know for it climbing possibilities, one of the few places to climb in Scania. Nice hiking and there is a golf course.
Flora and fauna
Parts of the park are of limits parts of the year because of rare birds nesting in the area. There are usually signs put up but you might want to check in the center before you start hiking in the area.
Kullaberg is only 1½ - 2 hours drive from Malmö
Take the buss to Mölle and walk from there
From Mölle, just follow the signs and walk up the hill.
Entering Kullaberg by car will cost you 40 kr ( 4 Euro ) a day. You get a ticket on the way in and pay on the way out. Card payment is possible.
There are three different parking lots where you can park your car. After that the only way to get around is on foot.
- Nimis and Arx Beach art built by Lars Vilks with wood found on the shore.
- Lighthouse A very picturesque lighthouse is located at the parkinglot furtest away.
- Caves There are several caves in the nature reserv, the most well known are Silvergrottan (Silver cave) and Visitgrottan ( Visit cave )
- Information Center There is an information center where you can learn more about the history and nature of Kullaberg. The entry is free but it is not very impressive.
The climbing in Kullaberg is the most well known in Scania.
Read about it here http://www.sverigeforaren.se/index.php/Kullaberg
There is a golf course here. Be careful not to hit the climbers.
Kullaberg has lots of scenice views and is very beautiful to walk aroud in.
There are several diving school in the region which will let you take your diving certificate just of the shore of Kullaberg.
Eat & Drink
There is a large hotel at the first parkinglot where you can eat and drink. Food is affordable starting around 90 kr ( 9 euro ). Beer prices are similar to rest of sweden.
And there is a kiosk where you can buy candy and drinks.
- Flickorna Lundgren på Skäret, Skäretvägen 19, 260 41 Nyhamnsläge, tel. 042-346044 . Coffee, cake and sandwiches. Don't miss it if you have a sweet tooth!
You can stay at the hotel in the nature reserv or at a hotel in Mölle
Camping in not allowed in the nature reserv.
Not far from Mölle there is a camping site which also have cabins and huts you can rent.
- Be careful when hikking in the area, about once a year someone falls from a cliff and gets hurt pretty badly.
- Also be careful when climbing in the area, 4 climbers have lost there lives when climbing in Kullaberg since the sixties.
- Several paths and hikking trails cross the golf course, a golf ball to the head can be fatal so please watch for golfers before you cross the course.