Kuala Lumpur/Bangsar and MidvalleyKuala Lumpur : Bangsar and Midvalley
Bangsar is a high-income suburban area which is also a popular for its restaurants, watering holes and clubs. The area is frequented by many of Kuala Lumpur's expatriate community. Midvalley, which is linked directly to Bangsar via an overpass, is a relatively new development which has become very popular for shopping, thanks to the perpetually packed MidValley Megamall and its higher-end extension called The Gardens, which was opened at the end of 2007. Besides shopping, the two malls and surrounding areas also offer plenty of eating options. There are also three hotels within the Mid Valley Complex, and cheaper ones within walking distance.
Although there is a Bangsar station on the Kelana Jaya light rail transit line, it is situated along Jalan Bangsar and not near the restaurant and drinking area of Bangsar Baru. From the station, you'll have to catch buses RapidKL No U87 to get you to Bangsar Baru. This bus also goes past MidValley.
The easiest way to get to Midvalley is to catch a KTM Komuter train to Midvalley station. The station is linked to the Mall via a covered walkway with escalators. The other alternative is to catch an LRT to Bangsar station and transfer onto a Midvalley free shuttle bus (which runs every half hour) or RapidKL bus No. 600, 640, 641, T790 (which runs every 30-60 minutes during off-peak hours).
Buses go from KL to Mid Valley via either Brickfields or Federal Highway.
People go to Bangsar and Mid Valley to eat, drink and shop. There is not much of historical value to see or do here.
Although there are three malls in Bangsar, the area still offers more of a neighbourhood shopping experience. Midvalley, on the other hand, is all about mall shopping and attracts the masses, especially during weekends.
- Bangsar Shopping Centre, Jalan Maarof - Better known as BSC, this mini shopping centre is a favourite among expats and the locals staying around the Bangsar & Damansara Heights neighbourhood. Plenty of cafes & restaurants - a good spot to meet up with friends. BSC also features speciality stores plus Jasons Supermarket.
- Bangsar Village, Jalan Ara - This is another favourite with those staying around Bangsar & Damansara Heights neighbourhood. Bangsar Village 2 is linked to the original Bangsar Village by a covered pedestrian bridge.
- Mid Valley Megamall  - This really is "mega" with over 430 shops crammed into what claims to be one of South-East Asia's largest shopping malls. Anchor tenants include big department stores and hypermarkets such as AEON (Malaysian branch of AEON Japan), local store Metrojaya and French hypermarket Carrefour. If you need to change money, the lower ground floor has several money changers. These money changers reputedly have the best rates in town which means that long queues are expected especially during the weekends. The Megamall is connected to the upmarket The Gardens at Mid Valley. (KTM Komuter: Mid-Valley)
- The Gardens at Mid Valley  - This mall is anchored by a high-end shopping gallery (anchor tenants include Isetan, Robinson's and Cold Storage), two landmark office towers, five-star Gardens Residences and five-star Gardens Hotel. (KTM Komuter: Mid-Valley)
Bangsar has been a restaurant district for quite some time, thanks to the high expatriate numbers. Midvalley with its malls also offer an amazing array of food choices.
- Makan Place is a hawker center in Midvalley Megamall in LG level.
- Ipoh Old Town,  8, Lorong Ara Kiri 2, Lucky Garden, Bangsar. Tel: +60-3-20946818 - Located in the quieter part of Bangsar, Ipoh Old Town offers a good range of Chinese food, especially the old favourites of Ipoh, like Ipoh hor fun and chicken and beansprouts. A variety of dishes are also available. They also have a small branch in the foodcourt of Bangsar Shopping Centre, Jalan Maarof, Bukit Bandaraya, Bangsar.
- Anjappar, 56, Jalan Maarof, Bangsar Baru - Part of a worldwide chain headquartered in Chennai, India, Anjappar offers some of the best Chettinad food. It's generous with spices, which makes the food so tasty.
- Anna Lakshmi, 44-46 Jalan Maarof, Bangsar Baru, Tel: +60-3-2823799, and Ground Floor Boulevard, MidValley, Tel: +60-3-22823799 -Good places for authentic North and South Indian food. It's run by a social service organization and there is no fixed price for food you eat. You can eat as much as you want and pay as much as you want. But definitely the organization expects you to pay a decent amount as donation for charity. RM10 for a full meal per person can be sufficient.
- Sarvana Bhavan, 52, Jalan Maarof, Bangsar Baru - Another worldwide chain headquartered in Chennai, India, that serves great South Indian food varieties and mix of north Indian, chat food varieties.
- La Bodega,  18 Jalan Telawi 2; and Ground Floor, Bangsar Shopping Complex, Jalan Maarof, Bangsar - Excellent Spanish tapas at reasonable prices, on average RM18/36 for small/large portions. Indoor and outdoor seating, get in by 8 PM for happy hour pricing on sangria.
Bangsar has long been one of the busiest places in KL past midnight and the action is around centred on Jalan Telawi and its side streets. Midvalley has a few pubs and coffee places.
- RonnieQ's,  32 Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar Baru - A traditional Bangsar establishment, head here if you want to drink in the surroundings of a nice English pub. It also offers pub food and has a big TV projector, not so much for football but rugby.
- Finnegan's  6 Jalan Telawi 5, Bangsar Baru - Noisy and fun Irish pub. It also has an outlet at Midvalley at Lot No. G(E)-003, Midvalley Megamall, The Boulevard, Lingkaran Syed Putra.
- Alexis,  29 Jalan Telawi 3 - One of the more laid-back places in Bangsar, furnished in cool white with soft jazz playing in the background. Offer simple but tasty eats (pastas, sandwiches, nasi lemak), a good selection of coffee and a full bar.
- Cititel Mid Valley Hotel, Lingkaran Syed Putra, ☎ +603 2296 1188, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: Noon. A beautiful sky-scraper hotel in Mid Valley offering great rooms for business or leisure travelers. The restaurants holds two restaurants; the Citi Cafe is open 24 hour and the Citi Lounge is ideal for business entertaining. starting at RM210.
- Boulevard Hotel, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: Noon. Boulevard Hotel offers comfortable rooms with beautiful views right next to the Mega Mall. Easy access to this shopping haven, local bars and restaurants and much more. It holds an in-house spa and a 24 hour restaurant for all your late night cravings while working or playing. starting at RM270.
- Jeumpa D'Ramo, No.102, Jalan Maarof, Bangsar, ☎ +60320944522, . checkin: 0900; checkout: 1300. A new family-owned boutique hotel with high vacancy. It has no signs outside and resembles a small villa, equipped with a pool. Once inside, one can see distinct Asian touches, whether it's in the handcrafted Indonesian teak furniture or art pieces from budding local artists like Fizjedar. The air-conditioned rooms are very nice and clean and come equipped with TV, very high quality beds and sheets. It's right after the traffic lights to Jalan Bangkung. RM170 to RM320 plus 10% tax. (3 08'18.33'' N,101 40'20.43'')
- Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar, Tower 3, No 1 Jalan Pantai Jaya, ☎ +603 2298 1888, . checkin: 1400hours; checkout: 1200hours. A 5-star upscale hotel that incorporate the Pullman design features, catering to the new generation of business and leisure travelers looking for stylish accommodation with state-of-the-art communications technologies. Offers 513 contemporary designed rooms, with 11 function rooms, 1 junior ballroom and a grand ballroom that able to accommodate up to 2000 persons at a time. All area in the hotel is covered with complimentary wi-fi. (N 3° 6' 58.51'',E 101° 39' 49.45'')
- One Menerung, Jalan Menerung, Bukit Bandaraya (Next to Bangsar Shopping Centre (BSC)), . Short-term lets available in perhaps one of the most high profile condominiums in Bangsar. Situated just right opposite Bangsar Shopping Centre (BSC). Units still look new and amenities are adequate. Easy to get taxis at the entrance near the Bangsar Shopping Centre. (3.14448,101.666685)
- KL's Classiest Homestay,Twin Room, . Experience the charm and hospitality of the local family lifestyle in the suburbs. Just 15 minutes drive away from local attractions and city centre, the homestay is a perfect place to mix and mingle with the local hosts staying in the same accommodation and a great place to unwind after a hectic day in town. Breakfast is included. From MYR 280.
- The Boulevard, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, ☎ 603-2295 8111, . The Boulevard is situated in MidValley City itself which is convenient. Rooms are moderately priced with good amenities. The food is rather bland, so stick to the eateries in the MidValley shopping mall.
- Peninsula Residence All Suite Hotel, 10, Jalan Semantan, 50490, ☎ 03 2084 1515, . Studio and peninsula suites, all equipped with air-conditioner, Internet access, cable TV, and mini-bar. Facilities and services are fitness room/gym, sauna and spa, outdoor swimming pool, and car rental. From MYR 190.00.
- Alila Bangsar, 58 Jalan Ang Seng, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, ☎ +60 322 683 888 ([email protected], fax: +94 11 2730726), . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 12pm. Located in the heart of Bangsar with easy access to the Bangsar LRT, the property offers 137 rooms and 5 suites to its guests, equipped with a LED tv, in-room safe and WiFi. Starting from USD 154. (,79.861957)
- TAGS Spine & Joint Specialists @ Wisma Lifecare, Jalan Kerinchi, Bangsar South (Tel: +603.2241.5812 / Web: http://www.tags.my / Services: Chiropractic, Orthopedics, Physiotherapy, Rehabilitation, Sports Medicine, DTS Spinal Decompression, Swiss Dolorclast Shockwave ESWT, NSFi Insight Advanced Spinal Screening, Knee Bracing, Scoliosis Bracing, Powerplate, Orthotics )