Krasnogorsk is a small city in West Moscow Oblast best known for its 18 hole golf course, the Moscow Country Club Resort, where Moscow's finest come to play. But even with out the allure of 18 holes, the city is worth a visit for its two large classical estates, one of which (Arkhangelskoye) is one of the finest in Moscow Oblast.
Take the Volokolamsk Shosse (Highway) from Moscow.
Trains called elektrichki arrive from Moscow's Rizhsky train station.
The fastest way to get to Arkhangelskoye Estate is to take a bus 459 or minibus 151 from Tushino metro station.
- Znamenskoye-Gubailovo Estate, Located near the city center. A beautiful 18th century classical estate, currently undergoing restoration, which was regularly visited by Moscow literati, including the great Russian writer, Andrey Bely. At its center is the 17th century Znamenskoye Church and to the north, landscaped parks.
- Arkhangelskoye Estate, Located 2km to the southwest of the city, ☎ +7 495 797-54-09 ([email protected]). 10:00–17:00 daily. A 17th century estate, which belonged to the fabulously wealthy Yusupov family, is now a popular estate-museum, which hosts classical and jazz music concerts in the summer 80 RUR.
- Le Meridien Moscow Country Club Resort, 1 Nakhabino Prospekt, ☎ +7 495 626-5911 ([email protected], fax: +7 495 626-5921), . A very ritzy country club resort with luxury dachas, a hotel, and 18 holes
- Chez Vero, 123 Tsentralnaya ul., ☎ +7 495 775-1011. European, Russian, and seafood, has a bar and dancing
- Pizza-on-Tiggi, 25 Ylinskoye ul., ☎ +7 495 562-0001 ([email protected], fax: +7 495 564-6461). Pizzeria that delivers within Krasnogorsk
The most popular places to sleep might be at the Arkhangelskoye Estate and Le Meridien, but of course Krasnogorsk has hotels of its own:
- Kroshka Enot, 21 Vokzalnaya ul.. A small 4-star hotel with the option of a jacuzzi bath 3,000–7,000 RUR.
- Zorky, 4 Oktyabrskaya ul.. A 3-star option
But there are loads of better options in Moscow and Krasnogorsk makes an easy day trip.
- Consider heading onwards from Moscow to historic Volokolamsk.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!