Kota Tinggi is a town in Johor. Famous for waterfall at Lombong area.
There are frequent buses (Maju 227, Causeway Link 6B, Transit Link 41) between downtown Johor Bahru's Jalan Wong Ah Fook (the bus stop is opposite City Square) and Kota Tinggi's bus terminal at Jalan Niaga Utama. The Maju 227 bus actually originates and terminates at Johore Bahru's Larkin Bus Terminal. Causeway Link no. 66 bus plies between Larkin Bus Terminal and Kota Tinggi. The average frequency of the Maju 227 bus is every 15 minutes and its one-way fare between City Square and Kota Tinggi is 4.80 RM. The journey takes about 1 hour or more, depending on the bus number and traffic conditions. Generally, the bus with a big letter "Kota Tinggi" and without other smaller stops written on the front of the bus tends to travel faster. There are direct, non-stop Mara Liner coach services four times a day from Johor Bahru's Larkin Bus Terminal to Kota Tinggi at 10:30am, 1pm, 5pm and 8pm, enroute to Bandar Penawar. The one-way fare is 4.00 RM.
The town is small enough to walk around.
Kota Tinggi Museum is in the city centre at Jalan Niaga opposite the bus terminal. The Museum traces the history of the Johor Sultanate and exhibits paintings, historical dioramas, weaponry and much more.
"Kampung Makam" (Tomb Village) is a historic complex located just 1.5km northeast of the bus terminal and is the other tourist attraction of Kota Tinggi. Its name was probably derived from the presence of several Malay royal tombs of historic significance. The most prominent of these tombs is that belonging to Sultan Mahmud, the 10th ruler of the Johor Sultanate. In the same complex exists fort-like stone walls resembling the remnants of a building or palace. The walls are of stone and corals while the mortar is made of a mixture of pounded cockle shells and other materials.
Most people head for the nearby waterfalls. If you do not drive you will need to hire a taxi from the bus terminal. The current fare is RM20 to the falls. Negotiate for the return fare at the same time. It is about RM25. Tell the driver when to pick you up. May need to spend between 1 to 2 hours there.
- Kota Tinggi Waterfalls, Sungai Pelepah,, Gunung Panti Recreational Forest, 81900 Kota Tinggi, Johor. edit
One of must-see attraction at Kota Tinggi is Firefly Tour. Johor Kota Tinggi river is a rare breeding ground and habitats for fireflies. Thousands of fireflies spread over the banks of the river. The fare is RM20 per person and the cruise lasts about 45 minute to 1 hour.
- Kota Tinggi Firefly Park, Jalan Kota Tinggi,81900,Johor, ☎ 60174607775, . 1300-2300 Mon-Sun. Johor Kota Tinggi river is a rare breeding ground and habitats for fireflies. Thousands of fireflies spread over the banks of the river and correspond to the stars. Forming a fantastic scene. It is must-see attraction in Johor Bahru. (1.727014,103.911411) edit
KIP Mart Econsave Mini Kelantan Hwai Thai Supermarket
Mee rebus: Near the bridge, beside the ESSO
belangkas masak sambal pedas, siput gonggong, : belangkas mahkota
One alfresco Chinese dining restraunt almost facing the firefly tour jetty, and the other airconditioned restraunt next door. Across the road from the two restaurants is a Hawkers Centres where about 20 individual food stalls selling Chinese and Malay foods at reasonable price until about 10pm. MacDonalds, KFC, and Pizza Hut all have a outlet in town.
- Warung Makanan Laut Abdullah, Kampung Seluyut (10 km from Kota Tinggi to Desaru), ☎ 0166691923. specialist in cooking fresh water prawns edit
- Sebana Cove Golf & Marina Resort, Lot PTD 2940/92/93/93 & 2931, Mukim Pengerang, daerah Kota Tinggi, 81620 Johor Darul Takzim. Located some 50km south-east of Kota Tinggi town., ☎ 607 826 6688, . 84 rooms, all equipped with Air-conditioning, Cable television and IDD telephone. Facilities and services are Business center, Conference room and Gym. From MYR 238.00. edit
- Hotel Mayres, No 29 Jalan Tun Habab 81900 Kota Tinggi Johor, ☎ +607-883-9099, . 12-storey, 85-room hotel. Located only 500m north-west of the bus terminal. All standard and superior double rooms are furnished with individual air-conditioning, colour TV, private bath with shower and complimentary tea making facilities. The deluxe double rooms and family suites are furnished with individual air-conditioning, colour TV, private bath with shower, complimentary tea making facilities, minibar, hair dryer, iron & ironing board and complimentary mineral water. Facilities and service: Coffee house, lounge, beer garden, conference rooms, ballroom, laundry, safe deposit box, free covered car park, local tour arrangement, WiFi (coffee house only) Rates per room per night 105++ to 145++ RM for a double room and 195++ RM for a family suite. edit
- Hotel Sri Kota, Facing the Firefly tour jetty and the river, No 47, 48, 49, Jalan Jaffar, 81900 Kota Tinggi, Johor Darul Takzim, ☎ 607 883 8111. 4 storey , all equipped with Air-conditioning, hot shower, TV and no telephone, Internet is available. MYR55 for double bed, MYR75 for one King and One single, MYR95 for two King Bed Rooms. edit
- Home of Peace (Homestay), This beautiful and well furnished home is located at 29 Jalan Intan 2 Percint Intan, Taman Daiman, Kota Tinggi 81900, Johor in a gated and guarded compound (Percint Intan is located by the side of Jalan Johor, about 2 kilometer from Kota Tinggi city. It is within Taman Daiman area, and is only about 5 minute walk to Econsave.), ☎ For reservation, please call +60137658356 or whatsapp +6598070597., . The whole house rental rate is RM500. However, guests may rent one room only at RM150 and still get accessibility to living roorms and kitchen. (,Most of its guests, locals and internationals, stayed there for family gatherings, wedding and holidaying.) edit