Kom Ombo (Arabic: كوم أمبو) is a medium-sized Egyptian town in the region of Upper Egypt, located on the east bank of the river Nile some 65 km south of Edfu and some 50 km north of Aswan. Population 60,000.
Kom Ombo is an agricultural town, producing mostly irrigated sugar cane and corn, and unremarkable but for the unusual double temple of Ptolemaic date situated picturesquely high on its banks above the river Nile. The town has ancient origins, of which virtually nothing beyond the temple is to be seen today (awaiting excavation!)
- Take a felucca cruise on the Nile from Aswan
- Trains between Aswan and Luxor stop in Kom Ombo station.
- Hire a car from Aswan to Kom Ombo to visit and back to Aswan that cost you 150LE maximum 200LE keep in your mind to deal about round trip because some drivers make trick and told you they deal about one way!
- The best way to visit the temple of Kom Ombo take train from Aswan railway station to Kom Ombo it take 30 minute and when you arrive you can hire car from Kom Ombo train station,the temple and the Nile far about 10 minutes by car. that cost you maximum 20LE round trip and if you find the driver good and honest told him waiting you and pay 10LE for each waiting hour.
- the Temple of Kom Ombo, admission LE 100 (USD ~$5.50, Nov 2018) - an unusual dual Temple of Sobek and Haroeris dating to the reign of Ptolemy VI and part of that ruler's extensive building program. Earlier Pharaonic remains have been detected at the site, but little now remains of these. The temple suffered some damage in the earthquake of 1992 and has was closed for many years. The first renovation was completed in May 2005, and a crocodile mummy museum was added to the location. In 2018, additional works are being undertaken between the Egyptian Government and USAID to stabilize the ground underneath the temple. A Nile-side cafe is on site next to the Kom Ombo temple, and the entire surrounding site is undergoing extensive construction and modernization (November 2018). Parking is 5 EGP (Nov 2018).
Kom Ombo is a normal Egyptian city nothing interesting to see but the temple it's not recommending to go far the temple area.