Kolding is a city in Jutland, Denmark.
A map showing the location of the municipality of Kolding
By train: Kolding does not have a very big train yard (2 tracks), but trains between Aarhus and Copenhagen normally stop in Kolding. If not, the 2nd-largest train station of the country in Fredericia has a train departing for Kolding every 10- or 20 minutes.
By car: When following the E45 motorway (mid-Juttish motorway), follow motorway exit 62, which should take you directly in to the city at ease.
By plane: The nearest big commercial airport near Kolding is Billund (2nd-largest of Denmark). From Billund, either take the train or a bus to Kolding (both easily found. If you can't find one, take a bus to Fredericia and then take the train to Kolding (the personnel will happily help you on your way).
Due to the Bosnian war in the 1990'ies there are several bus companies, mainly serving the Bosnian diaspora, which provide a cheap and clean way of getting to the other side of the European continent.
Kolding isn't very big, so getting around in the city center is quite easy. If you wish to go to more remote locations, e.g. the botanical garden of Geografisk Have, buses are cheap and drive all over town. It should also be possible to get a taxi cheaply (by Danish standards. Taxi-driving is mostly very expensive in Denmark.)
As Kolding is not very big, you should somewhat easily be able to get around by foot.
- Koldinghus 
- Geografisk Have - a botanical garden  (in danish)
- Trapholt art museum. 4 km east (Bus number 4 from the station) 
- Church of St.Nicholas (St.Nikolaj Kirke) - one of the oldest churches in Denmark.
- Kolding Football Club plays in the Danish First Division (next best division), but is still worth a trip.
Because most of Kolding's sites are very centralized to the center of the city (Church of St. Nicholas, Koldinghus, Geografisk Have), most travellers won't have to do much travelling once the city's been reached.
Koldinghus is only a few hundred meters from the city center and the church (they form a sort of triangle between them). The botanical garden of Geografisk Have does require either a short bus ride or walk (appx. 5km or 3 miles).
Kolding also has quite a big swimming facility, Slotssøbadet, which is located only a few hundred meters from Koldinghus Castle.
- Koldinghus, Markdanersgade 11, 6000 Kolding, ☎ +45 76 33 81 00 ([email protected]), . 10am - 5pm. 65 dkkr. for adults, free for children (<18).
- Geografisk Have, Christian IVs Vej 23, 6000 Kolding, ☎ +45 75 50 38 80 ([email protected]), . 10am - 6pm. 60 dkkr. for adults, 20 dkkr. for children (<18).
- Slotssøbadet, Hospitalsgade 16, 6000 Kolding, ☎ +45 75 50 01 50 (fax: 75 50 01 50). 6am - 9pm.
- H&M, (Kolding center). 10:00-17:00.
Many restaurants can be found in the city center of Kolding with various themes: Asian food, pizza, traditional Danish food, American buffets and steak houses can all easily be found in the city center and near the train station.
- You'll never walk alone (English Pub) is the most popular pub in Kolding. You can also dinner there (burgers and indian chili). On tuesdays you can participate on Quiz Nite. On Saturdays you will have live music. On Sundays, Spanish Tapas.
- DANHOSTEL Kolding Vandrerhjem, Ørnsborgvej 10,6000 Kolding (about 15 min walk from center), ☎ +45 75 50 91 40, .
The youthhostel on a hill overlooking the center
- Kolding Byferie(=Kolding townholiday), "Kedelsmedgangen (In the center right at the lake and Slotssøbadet), ☎ +45 75 54 18 00, .
Apartments in striking architecture, placed i pavillions on a green overlooking the lake.
Price per apartment per night from 750 d.kr. (min. 3 nights)
- Tystrup Kro, Tyrstrup vestervej 6 (Situated about 10 km south at Christiansfeld. Best way to get there is by car), ☎ +45 74 56 12 42 ([email protected], fax: Telefax +45 74 56 19 70), .