| || |
| || |
Revision as of 16:31, 4 March 2010
Kingston is a village in South Kingstown in Rhode Island.
The closest airport to Kingston T.F. Greene airport to the north in Warwick RI. This major airport is the main air travel hub in Rhode Island. It's located about 45 minutes away from Kingston by car, and Taxis are available.
Route 138 runs east and west through the heart of Kingston Rhode Island. But you can also use route 2 (also known as South County Trail) and Route 1 which intersects with 138.
Kingston train station has affordable fares and regularly scheduled departures/arrivals. Located in west Kington, the train station is small and easy to navigate. Also the station has a small museum open during operating hours.
RIPTA (Rhode Island Public Transportation Association), Is a cheep and effecient way to buzz around Kingston Rhode Island. offering services from the train station to all around URI campus, the bus was originally meant for students but it is open to the general public for the fee of 1 dollar.
- Shades of Sunderland (Tattoo Parlor), 99 Fortin Road (near the CVS in the Kingston Emporium), ☎ 401-783-1026, . open every day. Wednesdays are walk-in.. Tattoo parlor frequented by college students. Very clean and professional atmosphere. Price depends of tatoo.
University Spirit - Instead of spending $100 on a sweatshirt in the bookstore on campus, you can find better deals on URI apparel at this store located in the Emporium at URI.
- Albies, 99 Fortin Rd., ☎ 401 792-3860, . 8:30 am -11:00 pm. Offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner specials all day with delivery available. Albies is famous for their burgers, sandwiches, wraps, and fries. Caters to many URI students living on campus.
- Bagelz, 99 Fortin Rd., ☎ 401 782-2295, . A cozy cafe and deli nestled in the heart of the URI Emporium. They offer a wide range of bagels and coffee. This cafe caters mainly to URI students and faculty.
- Burger Shack, 99 Fortin Road, ☎ 401 284-0037, . 11:00 am - 10:00 pm. Serving up American classics, including burgers, fries, shakes, and assorted salads. Reasonably priced meals and comfortable atmosphere for a quick bite to eat when your on-the-go.
- International Zone (Izone), 100 Fortin Rd., ☎ 401 782-2321. 12pm-3am. Specialty in many types of calzones and strombolis. They also offer soda and ice cream. Delivery takes up to 45 minutes but rarely longer. Make sure to have them repeat your order back. The food is reasonably priced for the large portions they offer. 8.95 per stromboli/calzone.
- Peiking Tokyo, 120 Fortin Rd., . 10:30 am - 10 or 11:00 pm. Japanese food restaurant in the Emporium on URI campus. Very reasonable lunch specials and dinner combinations. They also offer a wide range of sushi and sashimi. Never takes more than 15 minutes for pick up orders. 5.95 lunch specials.